South College 2017 Start

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! I have an interview coming up on Feb 24th! 

Does anyone know if there is a specific list of medical terms that we should look over? (Or have a good link) I took the class 4 years ago.

Also, how did some of you prepare for the group interview? 

Any tips are appreciated.

Would anyone that has already been accepted be willing to share their stats? (GPA/GRE/HCE)?

GPA: 3.54

GRE: 315 (4.0 writing)

HCE: 1600 (EMT-B)

Accepted 11/11/16

Good luck! If you get an interview just be yourself. If you got an interview they know you can handle it academically. They're just looking for the right people for their program.

They take into account the whole application. The GRE shows them only a small portion of you. Valuable, yet small. Be strong in other areas and you should be fine. I have some past classmates get in with 286 and 290. They had excellent LOR's, great grades, and plenty of HCE. Build a well rounded application. Good luck

By the grace of god Got an interview scheduled for mid march with what I'd consider average stats. Any tips from current students or anyone who has already interviewed? No problems really interviewing in general but just wondering if there's any areas I should focus on to increase my chances of nailing it

By the grace of god Got an interview scheduled for mid march with what I'd consider average stats. Any tips from current students or anyone who has already interviewed? No problems really interviewing in general but just wondering if there's any areas I should focus on to increase my chances of nailing it

Would you mind sharing what your stats were?

Good luck at the interview!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.82 is due to my poor effort and dedication to school during the first 3 years of undergrad. Also having full time (min. 50 hour/ week) job didn't help. Grades have improved after I wrapped my head around what I decided to do in my career and how important school will play in it. Leaving my job and improving my grades in the last year and a half. A letter of recommendation from a professor states this. Having taken a class of hers as a freshman and receiving a D and then another upper division as a senior and earning an A. South college is on my mind since I have a brother that is a current student of the physical therapy program.

2.82 is due to my poor effort and dedication to school during the first 3 years of undergrad. Also having full time (min. 50 hour/ week) job didn't help. Grades have improved after I wrapped my head around what I decided to do in my career and how important school will play in it. Leaving my job and improving my grades in the last year and a half. A letter of recommendation from a professor states this. Having taken a class of hers as a freshman and receiving a D and then another upper division as a senior and earning an A. South college is on my mind since I have a brother that is a current student of the physical therapy program.

That's why I'm asking. They do pay attention to the direction of your grades ( i.e. an upswing).  I do know one person who got in with a similar GPA, but he was an experienced combat medic with a decade of experience, so I cant presume to know what you should do either way. 

Good morning. I recently applied and received my "under review" email. Hoping to get an interview but I don't seem to compare to the previous post I've read. I meet the minimum requirements but it appears everyone else excels the minimum so I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything. This is my 1st time applying for PA school so I'm full of all kinds of mix emotions.

Anyone know of an inexpensive place to stay nearby? I've never been to the area so is an uber from the airport doable or is it quite a distance from the school?

When I interviewed I rented a car from the airport for like $70 for 2 days because it seemed like a better option then constantly needing a taxi/Uber. The airport was about 20 minutes from the school though so an uber wouldn't be crazy expensive. I stayed at Baymont Inn & Suites Knoxville/Cedar Bluff TN. It was about $85/night and was less than 10 minutes from the school. Hope this helps !

Archived