South College 2017 Start

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! I submitted my supplemental application on August 3rd and I received  an e-mail on August 10th saying my application was under review!

Congratulations on your interview, best of luck! My confirmation email said they received all of my application materials, and that application review would begin in October with interviews running from January to May. Was you confirmation email similar? I'm not sure what to think now, and I'm starting to worry.... Any info is appreciated!

Congratulations on your interview, best of luck! My confirmation email said they received all of my application materials, and that application review would begin in October with interviews running from January to May. Was you confirmation email similar? I'm not sure what to think now, and I'm starting to worry.... Any info is appreciated!

Yes, that's the email I received. No need to worry the interview process has just begun, good luck !!

Does anyone knows if South is a "silent rejection" school? Meaning is if they reject you they never give you any type of notice. I remember when I applied last year, I actually never received a rejection email.

I ended up receiving my rejection letter in the mail, but not until like this May. At that point it was pretty obvious, so it was almost a "silent rejection". lol

So I got an email today saying that South has received my supplemental and GRE scores, but I never sent my GRE scores. Do you think that they're still on file from last cycle? Another school told me that they were able to use my GRE scores that were on file from last cycle. Also, when I pressed submit on the supplemental I didn't pay because I wanted to ask my dad for the $60 lol. 

Their website says that they only conduct interviews January - May so I'm confused how some have already been invited to interview for Novemeber, but congratulations to you all! Do you mind sharing your credentials such as GPA, GRE, # of hours. Thanks in advance!

Their website says that they only conduct interviews January - May so I'm confused how some have already been invited to interview for Novemeber, but congratulations to you all! Do you mind sharing your credentials such as GPA, GRE, # of hours. Thanks in advance!

Yes I am confused about that as well since I have even contacted them and they said January as well in the email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I am confused about that as well since I have even contacted them and they said January as well in the email.

If I remember I'll go ask Deborah tomorrow 

Went and talked to Deborah this morning in her office. She confirmed that there is an interview on November 11th, she's has the files pulled and invites already sent and has received acceptance for those invites. Please don't worry if you haven't received an invite yet - there is plenty of time left! I got my invite in march for an April interview last year. 

Hi all...

Was wondering if anyone else noticed this or has this issue! Might just be an unlucky fluke for me...

I submitted both my CASPA and supplemental application in late September, and saw confirmation from my bank that the $60 application fee was removed from my account on 9/23/2016. 

I just happened to take a look at my current bank statement, and noticed that another $60 was withdrawn from South College on 10/19/2016. It's specifically under the exact same name as the previous transaction in September. So, I was double charged...a month later? 

I emailed Deborah about it, but it looks like she will be out of the office until next week. Just wondered if this happened to anyone else and wanted to alert others in case there is some kind of error in their system and this is happening to other applicants...

Has anyone asked them questions like if comparative vertebrate anatomy is acceptable, other writing courses not in the English department count, etc? I have so many pre-req questions, I don't want to bombard them if I don't have to haha

I would definitely email and ask because you could wast money if South doesn't accept your classes, be prepared to send syllabi. I had to send a few syllabi when I applied for clarification on courses I took per the director's request - end result was I got in :)

That said, admission requirement is Anatomy and Physiology I & II. Your first quarter is essentially a years worth of Anatomy, neuro anatomy and physiology in 10 weeks. The amount of detail learned in the class is definitely above undergraduate. IMO, not having 2 semesters of basic human anatomy would be self defeating.

Has anyone asked them questions like if comparative vertebrate anatomy is acceptable, other writing courses not in the English department count, etc? I have so many pre-req questions, I don't want to bombard them if I don't have to haha

This is a good question! I also have comparative anatomy and I'm hoping it is acceptable. If you find out before I do, please let us all know! Thanks!

Hey guys! Submitted my application mid-September. Praying and hoping for an interview invite early next year. Whatever happens just remember it doesn't define you whatsoever. Keep pushing for your dreams of becoming a PA. If it's meant to happen then it will! Trust the process. Good luck to everyone! :) 

Archived