2016-2017 Application Cycle

Does anyone know when the final interview date is this month (January)? Has anyone been put on a wait list? I emailed last month and Ms. Mead wrote back stating my application was still under review. Many thanks :)

It's January 27th. Good luck, friends! Praying for you.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linds.ace, that probably means your application is on hold. My application is on hold, if you email them and ask about your status they're really good about getting back to you!

I wrote admission office last week and they said my application is still in review even though I submitted in July. So I don't want to write again in such a short amount of time. But an application being on hold sounds horrible. If they already sent out the offers for the final cohort then I think it's safe to say everyone else who hasn't heard back will be rejected-just trying to be realistic here. There's always next year. Best to everyone who got offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I have one weird question.

What do you do if your hands are cold? Shake hands anyway? 

Hey! This might sound silly but I do have a trick you can do! You know those little disposable hand warmers (I think one brand is "Hot Hands")? Buy a couple of those and wear a suit/jacket that has pockets. Stick one in each pocket and warm your hand a little right before shaking hands! But yes, always shake hands even if they are cold. :)

I wrote admission office last week and they said my application is still in review even though I submitted in July. So I don't want to write again in such a short amount of time. But an application being on hold sounds horrible. If they already sent out the offers for the final cohort then I think it's safe to say everyone else who hasn't heard back will be rejected-just trying to be realistic here. There's always next year. Best to everyone who got offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's still in review, it's not on a waitlist (they would tell you if it was held/waitlisted); it's just in the queue. SU interviews through February, so you're not out of the running yet.

Hey aerowe,

Thanks for the feedback. If in case if I shake hands, do I need to apologize for the cold hands?

Feel free to do so, but all of their hands will probably be cold as well! lol

Also, SU is not interviewing through February this year, wamucc. Jan 27th is the final interview session. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those on the wait list! I'm a first year at the Leesburg campus. If anyone has questions about the program, where to live, etc., I'd be happy to provide some insight, just shoot me a message!

• 2 months later...

Hi supanvc, I am starting at the Leesburg campus in July.  I'm wondering if you have some suggestions as to where to live (I'm looking to live by myself so thinking either a loft or 1 bedroom apt.)?  Also, when I registered for classes I saw that they are only T, W, R for the first semester.  Does that mean we don't have anything going on M and F or are there labs, etc. that we'll still need to be around for?

If it's easier for you to send an email address where you can be reached I'd be happy to email you there.  Please let me know!  I look forward to meeting you this summer.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Has anyone heard anything regarding the waitlist ? I know they sent out an email mid-April asking if alternate applicants wanted to remain active, but has there been any news since? Thanks 

I just got an email this morning saying they still "have movement" on their waitlist. If you haven't already, check your inbox! (And good luck! :)

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, supanvc said:

Hi everyone. Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those on the wait list! I'm a first year at the Leesburg campus. If anyone has questions about the program, where to live, etc., I'd be happy to provide some insight, just shoot me a message!

Hello Supanvc, I know this is an older post but hopefully you still check it from time to time. I was wondering what made you decide on their program specifically? And if you wrote Leesburg as your preference of campus, if so why? If not how do you like it there?

I hope some of you still check this forum! I am interviewing this Friday! Any advice? Is it group interviews? One on one? Are you loving the school? Also, I fly in on Thursday at 5 and was hoping to stop by the Leesburg campus on my way to Winchester. I assume most tours and such will be closed by then. Anything I should check out in my spare time? Hope to hear from some of you! 

• 1 month later...

Archived