2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it was a wonderful time! By far the best experience I've had out of all my interviews. Very very relaxed format. Kinda get the run-down of the program early in the morning. Then you split into different groups and rotate through a few stations. These include interviews, tour of the facilities and a program overview given by current students. What I enjoyed most was the relaxed atmosphere and how helpful and welcoming the current students and faculty were. Many schools claim to have that atmosphere but none have compared to SU in my opinion. Once everything is done, you have lunch and then do a group exercise/talk, which was honestly the most fun part to me. Very relaxed as well and our group was quite funny during the process. After that, you're free to go. I think we were mostly done by 1-2pm.

When was your application verified?

I sent in the application in early August (eek! late, I know) and it was verified VERY soon after. I received a letter in the mail about a week ago saying that my letter was sent to admissions and is currently under review and received the invitation today via email.

I sent in the application in early August (eek! late, I know) and it was verified VERY soon after. I received a letter in the mail about a week ago saying that my letter was sent to admissions and is currently under review and received the invitation today via email.

Congrats! That's about when I submitted too.. So anxious to hear anything!

To those of you who already interviewed, how long did it take for you to get the "additional information" email once you confirmed that you would indeed like to interview? They said it would be an email but I've read elsewhere its "snail mail". Either way, its been a week since my interview invite was confirmed and I have not received any additional information.

To those of you who already interviewed, how long did it take for you to get the "additional information" email once you confirmed that you would indeed like to interview? They said it would be an email but I've read elsewhere its "snail mail". Either way, its been a week since my interview invite was confirmed and I have not received any additional information.

I also got my invite a week ago and haven't seen any additional information yet, so at least we're not alone!

I just received an email this morning confirming my application had been received. Again, I submitted my application on 9/2 and received notification that my app was verified by CASPA on 9/8. Others have stated that they received a snail mail letter to confirm receipt of their application, I did not. Hope that this info helps others!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I am interviewing on the 28th and am driving 12 hours to get there Thursday night. I am getting a hotel near the university for the night. I thought I would extend out an offer to share a hotel room with anyone else who is coming in from out-of-state the day before in an attempt to split the costs of lodging. Just let me know on here and we can share info in a direct message!

does anyone know about how long the whole interview process lasts from start to finish? I'm just trying to figure out travel arrangements

I interviewed last year and the whole process lasted all day.  In the morning they did a presentation, then we split into groups with half of us staying in the room for a forum with current students and the other half of us leaving for our individual interview (then we switched).  After that they provided us lunch and then we went on a tour and had a group interview in the afternoon.  I think we started at 8am and didn't finish until 3pm.  It's a long day but it's really informative and I loved it.

Keep the faith everyone! Many people get off the waitlist! I for one did last year! 

I also got accepted last year off of the waitlist (but had to turn it down).  I also remember many of the current PA students in the program saying during the forum last year that they were accepted off of the waitlist...so there's definitely hope for anyone waiting to get off the waitlist!

I interviewed last year and the whole process lasted all day. In the morning they did a presentation, then we split into groups with half of us staying in the room for a forum with current students and the other half of us leaving for our individual interview (then we switched). After that they provided us lunch and then we went on a tour and had a group interview in the afternoon. I think we started at 8am and didn't finish until 3pm. It's a long day but it's really informative and I loved it.

I also got accepted last year off of the waitlist (but had to turn it down). I also remember many of the current PA students in the program saying during the forum last year that they were accepted off of the waitlist...so there's definitely hope for anyone waiting to get off the waitlist!

Laureng1

Are you interviewing on Friday?

Archived