Hey everyone!  I didn't see a forum for this cycle yet so I just wanted to start one.  Who else is applying this year!?!

• Upvote 1

My application was verified on the 5th of July! I received an email saying they would be reviewing my application and would send supplemental applications to select students. Still waiting to hear back!

Thanks guys!  When was your application verified?  Did it take 4 weeks for them to review your application like it was suggested in the email?

Thanks guys! When was your application verified? Did it take 4 weeks for them to review your application like it was suggested in the email?

Mine was verified on 6/14 and I just received the supp app yesterday as well. So the time frame was a little bit longer for me than the 4 weeks that they said.

I received an email today saying I was chosen to interview and that I will receive the formal interview invitation by September 30th.

Congrats :).

Thank you!

The email said "thank you for your patience during this rolling admissions process" so it seems like early timing is everything to them. Sounds like they are just starting to get things rolling.

Hi! Good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up or is still waiting to hear about one. I was accepted to the class of 2019 and am really excited to meet everyone! Also I know it's super early but I will be looking for a roommate(s) in case anyone is interested.

Hi! Good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up or is still waiting to hear about one. I was accepted to the class of 2019 and am really excited to meet everyone! Also I know it's super early but I will be looking for a roommate(s) in case anyone is interested.

Does it matter if it's a male or female roommate?

What was the timeline of your emails? dtaylor1747

I am sorry that this has escaped me for so long. I am really excited for this program! I was completely impressed with their faculty and the many opportunities here. I remember walking out of the interview last year and thinking, 'this would be a great honor.' I was unfortunately waitlisted.

As for timeline,

I applied through CASPA: 07-20-2016

Received my supplemental: 09-20-2016

Submitted my supplemental: 09-26-2016

Interview invitation: 10-17-2016

Very best of luck to you guys!

I have an interview Dec 19. For those of you who interviewed, what was the interview like?

It was really enjoyable, the atmosphere is really welcoming and you will get to spend a lot of time with current students and meet all the faculty. Congrats on your interview and good luck!!

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By IMGtoPA
      My mother is a RN who has worked in the VA hospital system for the past 5 years. She's been saying I should try to get in ASAP and get the benefits, along with other perks. I have a lot of in-laws that work at the VA (non-provider roles) and they all agree.  They say it's not as organized as the private sector roles but all agree that the benefits outweigh the annoyances.
      I applied for a job on a whim, not thinking anything of it and I actually got a message on their website stating I was "not selected". But an HR rep called me last week to set up an appointment for an interview, which I have... classic example of how disorganized their HR department is.
      Anyone have any experience working with them that could share their thoughts?
    • By DennisTankersley
      The EMPA Fellowship at ARMC is currently accepting applications for its next class, which is set to begin in Nov of 2018.  This Fellowship is housed at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center which is San Bernardino Counties Trauma and Burn Center located in the city of Colton, CA.
      The program includes clinical and didactic education that is designed to provide PAs who are new-grads or new to emergency medicine an efficient and supportive training experience that will enable top-of-scope practice in any emergency department.
      In addition to over 40 hours of online EM education, Fellows will attend 4-5 hours of weekly lecture that is specifically designed to build upon primary PA education.  Fellows are also strongly encouraged and paid to participate in weekly EM physician resident lecture.
      Rotations include:
      Ortho Surgery (Trauma, SICU, Burn) Pediatrics Ob/Gyn Ultrasound Anesthesia Diabetic Youth Camp EMS The program now offers two options:
          1. 14-month Traditional track ($55,000)
               Over 60 EMPAs have graduated from the Traditional track and report being very well prepared to practice in a wide variety of ED settings.
          2. 20-month Doctorate of Medical Science track ($75,000 w/tuition paid)
              This is a new offering that builds on the Traditional track through a partnership with Lynchburg College in Virginia.  The EMPA Fellowship is lengthened to enable time to complete the DMSc coursework, and the tuition is paid by the Fellowship.  There are a select number of positions available for this option, and they will be filled competitively.  There are currently 12 Fellows enrolled in the DMSc track.
      All Fellows are eligible for a full benefits package including Health, Vision, Dental, 401k.  All lectures are CME certified providing more than 200 hours of CME.
      SEMPA and CAPA memberships are provided.
      EMPAFellowship.com
      Deadline for application is June 15, 2018
      Please visit the website and select Apply Now to be contacted by our program recruiter and to learn more about the complete application process.

• By futurePAeryka
      Hi!

So I am planning to apply to EVMS this summer. I am signed up for the MPA Information Session on June 17th, 2017. Is anyone else attending the info session and/or planning to apply for the class of 2021?
    • By Mikayla
      i have recently been introduced to the field of being a physicians assistant and I wanted to gain some experience and insight into the world of being a PA before I jump fully into it. I am a first semester freshman in college and need to start picking classes depending on what I want to be in life. Being a PA sounds so interesting, but I want to see it for myself hands on. please help!! :)
    • By Jackofallmasterofnone
      For those of you who have filed for VA compensation then subsequently applied for vocational rehab (chapter 31 benefits), how long did the process take? I am still a reserve PJ and have taken my bumps and bruises over the last six years. I am not broken like some of my brothers but I do believe I might rate at 10% or higher which would leave me eligible for Chapter 31. I am deploying soon and will return this fall, matriculating in January to PA school. Knowing the speed the VA moves would it be possible to work with a Veteran Service Organization (VSO) while overseas to get the ball rolling, knocking out my claim and filing before January or is it a complete pipedream? 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More