University of Nevada Reno

Hey everyone! I received a packet containing the interview details by mail yesterday. There's going to be a group and an individual interview, plus an essay that we'll have to write there. I'm so excited but nervous at the same time!  

Hi there. Congratulations! That's so exciting. Do you mind if I ask which state are you from? I would also appreciate it if you can share your application timeline. Thank you and good luck!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there. Congratulations! That's so exciting. Do you mind if I ask which state are you from? I would also appreciate it if you can share your application timeline. Thank you and good luck!

Thanks winniethepooh! I'm from NV, so I'm really looking forward for this new PA school! Here's my timeline: 

App submitted 6/8
Verified 6/27
Secondary app invite 7/22
Secondary submitted a few days later
Interview invite 9/14
Interview scheduled for 11/4-5

Have you heard from this school yet? I wish you luck too!!

Thanks winniethepooh! I'm from NV, so I'm really looking forward for this new PA school! Here's my timeline: 

App submitted 6/8
Verified 6/27
Secondary app invite 7/22
Secondary submitted a few days later
Interview invite 9/14
Interview scheduled for 11/4-5

Have you heard from this school yet? I wish you luck too!!

Hi there! Thanks for your response. I received 2nd app in Sep and submitted it shortly after. I hope to get my interview invite soon. I got 2 two other interviews, but it never hurts to get more interview. I am determined to get in this year lol. Good luck to you. I know they do have preference for NV natives. You will be amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an email saying I passed the initial screening and now moved to the next step for a more in-depth review. I'm wondering if that includes the supplemental ap everyone was talking about. I didn't see them mention that in the email at all

"Your application will now move on to the next step for a more in-depth review. If approved, you will receive a campus interview invitation in the mail beginning September 2 thru November 1, 2016."

Some received invites via mail. Others received via email. I'm confused. Did you guys receive this email before the supplemental invite?

I just received an email saying I passed the initial screening and now moved to the next step for a more in-depth review. I'm wondering if that includes the supplemental ap everyone was talking about. I didn't see them mention that in the email at all

"Your application will now move on to the next step for a more in-depth review. If approved, you will receive a campus interview invitation in the mail beginning September 2 thru November 1, 2016."

Some received invites via mail. Others received via email. I'm confused. Did you guys receive this email before the supplemental invite?

Hello my confused friend. let me clarify that for ya. If they like your application, you will receive an EMAIL with the link to submit your 2nd app. Once you submitted and they liked what they saw, you will get a package in the MAIL for an interview invite. This my understanding from this forum and my own experience. I submitted my 2nd app via the link and now am waiting for the package. *crossing fingers* Good luck!

Hello my confused friend. let me clarify that for ya. If they like your application, you will receive an EMAIL with the link to submit your 2nd app. Once you submitted and they liked what they saw, you will get a package in the MAIL for an interview invite. This my understanding from this forum and my own experience. I submitted my 2nd app via the link and now am waiting for the package. *crossing fingers* Good luck!

Thank you so much for the clarification. How long does it take them to send you the supplemental link invite? And good luck to you!!!

I was verified in Mid August and it took them about 2 weeks to confirm receipt of my application. It's been a week-ish since then and I haven't heard anything from them about a supplemental app so I'm assuming I'll be getting my denial letter sometime soon :(

Do not put the cart before the horse. I just got an email that they would be sending out invites for December interviews the 2nd week of November. Stay positive!!

I got that same email as well but it mentioned nothing about a supplemental. Shouldn't that be first?

I am not sure how this program is structured. A few of the other schools I applied to sent the invite with the supplemental app. Lets hope they do it the same way. Good luck to all of us!

Cheers 

Sandra

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email yesterday that said I meet the minimum requirements of the program and my application has moved on to a further in-depth review. They did not send the secondary application yet though. No mention of an interview either. Has anyone interviewed yet, or did they just move the dates out and the first round starts Dec 9-10?

Archived