University of Nevada Reno

I have emailed them three times now, the first time they responded to let me know my CASPA had been received. They have not responded to my other two emails in regards to the supplemental application. Pretty bummed about the lack of communication and doesn't really give me a warm fuzzy feeling about attending either.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have emailed them three times now, the first time they responded to let me know my CASPA had been received. They have not responded to my other two emails in regards to the supplemental application. Pretty bummed about the lack of communication and doesn't really give me a warm fuzzy feeling about attending either.

oh ok. yea, i havent gotten the supplemental yet either, but it has been less than a month since I sent in my application. hopefully we hear from them soon now that CASPA has closed for them. 

I imagine being a new program is not without growing pains. As frustrating as it is to not hear from them, I'm willing to bet they have a small staff at the moment and are overwhelmed processing many applications while trying to do the admin stuff at the same time. In my experience applying to programs, the best approach is to be patient and let them respond to you in time.

At the same time, you should at least receive a confirmation email of your application submission. I submitted via CASPA in July and received confirmation about 5 days later. The supplemental came almost 4 weeks after. If you submitted more than 2 weeks ago it might be worth an email to see if they received it (which they probably did of CASPA said so).

Did anyone who got verified by CASPA mid August receive any correspondence yet? Just curious

I was verified in Mid August and it took them about 2 weeks to confirm receipt of my application. It's been a week-ish since then and I haven't heard anything from them about a supplemental app so I'm assuming I'll be getting my denial letter sometime soon :(

Just got an interview invite! Let me know if anyone else does so we can connect:) good luck everyone!

Hi there! Congrats in the interview. Did they assign you a specific date or let you pick from a list of dates? I was wondering if not getting an invite by now means rejection from this school. I have an interview with UCD, but want to land as many chances as possible. Please let me know. Thank you!

Hi there! Congrats in the interview. Did they assign you a specific date or let you pick from a list of dates? I was wondering if not getting an invite by now means rejection from this school. I have an interview with UCD, but want to land as many chances as possible. Please let me know. Thank you!

In the invite they gave a date. It looks like they are doing two interview sessions according to their website.. One in November and one in December. I wouldn't give up hope! It took them awhile from when I submitted to give me a secondary application! Good luck!

In the invite they gave a date. It looks like they are doing two interview sessions according to their website.. One in November and one in December. I wouldn't give up hope! It took them awhile from when I submitted to give me a secondary application! Good luck!

I am not giving up hope! Just wondering since it appeared that I turned in my 2nd app before you did. I'm so happy for you though! You will do great. Remember to breathe! =)

Hello, I applied here as well. CASPA was submitted 28 Jul and received confirmation email that I met all requirements on Aug 5. Then I received an email asking me to fill out supplemental questions on 7 Sept. To date I have not heard anything else except for the emails about filling out a FASFA application.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived