• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

So, I just received a call this morning that I was accepted to IUPUI's program off of the wait list. I'm very excited, I loved the program when I interviewed, but I, also, already accepted a seat at University of Nebraska Medical Center's program. I'm torn!! Can anyone help me decide? I'd really appreciate it. I love both, and I know I am blessed to even have these options, but I'm freaking out!! Any input is appreciated. THANK YOU fellow PA prospects!

So, I just received a call this morning that I was accepted to IUPUI's program off of the wait list. I'm very excited, I loved the program when I interviewed, but I, also, already accepted a seat at University of Nebraska Medical Center's program. I'm torn!! Can anyone help me decide? I'd really appreciate it. I love both, and I know I am blessed to even have these options, but I'm freaking out!! Any input is appreciated. THANK YOU fellow PA prospects!

WOW! If I were in your position, I would definitely stay at University of Nebraska Medical Center... they are ranked #9 best PA program according to the 2017 US News & World Report. If you are more of a risk taker, you may consider IUPUI's new PA program that has just been accredited in the last month or so. They are a fairly new program. It is really up to what you are more comfortable with. Do you prefer a smaller or larger class size? Would you rather be in a closer or further away from home? Consider PANCE scores from previous years (which school better prepares their students?) as well as tuition costs for both. Overall, go with the school that will make you happier!

WOW! If I were in your position, I would definitely stay at University of Nebraska Medical Center... they are ranked #9 best PA program according to the 2017 US News & World Report. If you are more of a risk taker, you may consider IUPUI's new PA program that has just been accredited in the last month or so. They are a fairly new program. It is really up to what you are more comfortable with. Do you prefer a smaller or larger class size? Would you rather be in a closer or further away from home? Consider PANCE scores from previous years (which school better prepares their students?) as well as tuition costs for both. Overall, go with the school that will make you happier!

Thank you for your input! I really appreciated it the other night as I was in my heavy contemplation mode (: Indeed, I have chosen to go with UNMC & hope that the spot I'm giving up at IUPUI goes to someone who really had their heart set on IU because it's a great program and it really had me considering giving up my seat at Nebraska instead! Ultimately, I chose UNMC because of the history of the program and its reputation for being an outstanding PA school. Best of luck to a wait lister that will be filling my slot!!

Archived