2016-2017 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted to MUSC...it's really an easy and quick application but you do have a supplemental application which is 4 or 5 pages.  The whole thing took me 1 full day but I had everything together after doing the CASPA app.  Time wise remember you will be waiting on LOR's and transcripts so don't wait too long to start.  I think it's due by Sept 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently have two interviews scheduled for early Sept....hoping to get one at MUSC as soon as the application submission period ends.  Would be tough choice to take a seat offered from one of the others not knowing if MUSC will be a choice.  Definitely my first choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm aware that MUSC does not do rolling admissions. Once the Sept 15 deadline passes they start to review applications and the interview dates are set in stone. But does anyone know how quickly we hear back?! So anxious to hear from MUSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just go ahead and remind your references asap. I applied once before and was missing 1 reference and was not considered because of it. There's a possibility they may give some extension time for them, but better safe than sorry in my opinion. Best of luck! 9/15 is almost here y'all!

I am still waiting on references. Does anyone know if they definitely will not review my application if these are not received by 9/15? I'm just trying to decide how and when I need to send a reminder to my references.

Remind your references ASAP- your application will likely be considered incomplete at the deadline.. Don't hesitate, I would hate for you to lose an opportunity because of someone else. I would call the reference directly to politely instill a sense of urgency.. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm aware that MUSC does not do rolling admissions. Once the Sept 15 deadline passes they start to review applications and the interview dates are set in stone. But does anyone know how quickly we hear back?! So anxious to hear from MUSC.

Looks like from last years forum interview invites were sent around mid October! Waiting patiently!

• 1 month later...

Archived