Illinois: Dominican University 2016-2017

Hi everyone!

So glad to see some of you have been accepted! Many congrats! For those who have interviewed, could you please provide some insight on the interview? The writing sample? Thank you!

I interviewed on July 22. Dominican faculty were very nice and overall just be yourself. As for writing sample, I would advise anyone who has been through the interview to not disclose any information to keep the integrity of the interview intact.

I interviewed on July 22. Dominican faculty were very nice and overall just be yourself. As for writing sample, I would advise anyone who has been through the interview to not disclose any information to keep the integrity of the interview intact.

Fair enough! How long of a interview day should one plan for?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything about their accreditation status? Or when they might know for sure?

It says on their website "The ARC-PA has granted Accreditation-Provisional status to the Dominican University Physician Assistant Program". Has anyone received any updates?

• 1 month later...

I feel like that is so unfair to applicants who want closure after interviews. Being placed on a list with 70+ other students and not being told where on the list you are is so unfair. I get they're a new program and might think people who are accepted might turn them down for that, but to compile a wait list of everyone you've interviewed is too much in my opinion.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:41 AM, Jcon13 said:

And for those that want to know, I know that this always helped me. I have average stats. And about 2500 hours of HCE. Again, nothing close to a 4.0 or 165 gre or anything ridiculous like that but i think the best part of my application was me and not my stats. This program truly values the small things about the applicant and I cannot stress how important the interview is. Be confident. Be ready. And show them what you can offer that they don't already have . For PA school, If you have beast stats then you'll get in anywhere no problem. But if you're Someone who doesn't think that a GPA or GRE defines who you are, then you have to dig deep and figure out what makes you different. Just my two cents. Hope everyone here can join me in January!

Dear Jcon13, I was wondering if I can pm you with some questions! Thank you for the inspirational post!

Archived