Boston: 2016-2017 application

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone I just got called for phone interview since I am so far away.  Anyone have any pointer on the questions or what to be prepared for on the call?

Congrats! You were notified about a interview today? I would  prepare for the interview, just as you'll prepare in a face to face interview. Good luck! 

Just received the interview invite today and scheduled for Oct. 18th!

I also got an interview invite for this school.

Please anyone who already went to this interview OR is about to, could you please shed a light on how it went when you are done? I see a lot of 10/18's. Mine is the week after that. I would really appreciate any advice. 

I also got an interview invite for this school.

Please anyone who already went to this interview OR is about to, could you please shed a light on how it went when you are done? I see a lot of 10/18's. Mine is the week after that. I would really appreciate any advice. 

The 10/18 interview date was cancelled a few weeks ago and those scheduled were rescheduled for 10/28. So now the first interview date is 10/28 for the Boston campus.

For those who have interviewed or are current students, what did you think of the program and their reputation?  I've been invited for an interview, but unsure if I should take off work and go for it after hearing what some people who've attended MCPHS had to say.  I've been accepted to a program in NYC but would choose Boston over NYC, but I don't know if I would choose MCPHS over the school I've just been accepted at (Pace).  I just don't know how I feel about the reputation that MCPHS has.  If anyone could shed some light on this and also offer some information on rotations sites that would be super helpful!  Thanks!

For those who have interviewed or are current students, what did you think of the program and their reputation?  I've been invited for an interview, but unsure if I should take off work and go for it after hearing what some people who've attended MCPHS had to say.  I've been accepted to a program in NYC but would choose Boston over NYC, but I don't know if I would choose MCPHS over the school I've just been accepted at (Pace).  I just don't know how I feel about the reputation that MCPHS has.  If anyone could shed some light on this and also offer some information on rotations sites that would be super helpful!  Thanks!

Hi VTkat! 

I am currently a second year in the program and I think this program is wonderful.  We are one of the only programs that has it's own cadaver lab opportunity (we do all the cutting and learning ourselves for the entire semester) at Harvard Medical School; also taught by the same professor that does cadaver lab for the medical students.  It is  also one of the only programs that teaches students how to use ultrasound and slit lamps.  The hospitals we rotate at are throughout Boston, and the professors that work here are wonderful and really strive to get to know you and help you throughout the program.  

It is a bit longer than most programs, as it is a 2 year and 8 months to go through the program, however this is with a summer break and winter breaks.  During this time, many students go on our medical trips and volunteer, which is a great way for students to practice medical skills. Everyone is different, so you have to find the school that works best for you, but I wouldn’t say MCPHS Boston has a bad reputation by any means, especially with a 100% PANCE passing rate the past few years.  Hope that helps! 

Hi VTkat! 

I am currently a second year in the program and I think this program is wonderful.  We are one of the only programs that has it's own cadaver lab opportunity (we do all the cutting and learning ourselves for the entire semester) at Harvard Medical School; also taught by the same professor that does cadaver lab for the medical students.  It is  also one of the only programs that teaches students how to use ultrasound and slit lamps.  The hospitals we rotate at are throughout Boston, and the professors that work here are wonderful and really strive to get to know you and help you throughout the program.  

It is a bit longer than most programs, as it is a 2 year and 8 months to go through the program, however this is with a summer break and winter breaks.  During this time, many students go on our medical trips and volunteer, which is a great way for students to practice medical skills. Everyone is different, so you have to find the school that works best for you, but I wouldn’t say MCPHS Boston has a bad reputation by any means, especially with a 100% PANCE passing rate the past few years.  Hope that helps! 

Hey Boston21! That was all really helpful information! I wasn't aware of how many great learning opportunities they have there. Thank you so much for your reply!

I will be interviewing on November 18th! Super excited.  Was also wondering if anyone knows what to expect for interview day

Hello, I see that you have been offered an interview, congratulations ! I was wondering when you submitted your application and when was it verified? 

Hi-

I just got an email from the PA program and they put me on a wait list. I was just wondering if anyone else got on the wait list. If so, do you know what are my chances or how long do i have to wait until?

I will call admissions today. I am hoping I get an interview soon.

Hi @Pa17

I also was waitlisted !

The email says information on how you can update them with scores, or etc. I'd strongly suggest that. But also call admissions, just in case they may have specific advice for you, based on your stats. :)

Well wishes, and prayers to everyone else. Hopefully those who aren't interested drop their interviews early enough so you and I can get one!

Hello, I see that you have been offered an interview, congratulations ! I was wondering when you submitted your application and when was it verified? 

Hi Brome23, I submitted my application around the beginning of July, got an under review email 8/22 and received an interview invite 9/30! Hope this helps :)

Archived