My Plans After Graduation - Get Your Story Published!

#‎PAstudents‬- do you have a story to share about your plans after graduation from PA school? If so, we want to hear about it! 

My Plans After Graduation: The flexibility of the PA profession allows us all to practice medicine in various specialties, subspecialties, primary care, population health, public policy, internationally, and beyond. Do you have any extraordinary plans after PA school? Planning to work or volunteer abroad? Working for the Peace Corps? Applying for postgraduate fellowships, residencies, or other post-graduate training? First Rounds - PA Professional's student news section - is looking for stories about unique opportunities after PA school. Tell us how your plans after PA school are unique. We ask that articles be no longer than 600 words and written in a conversational manner.

Email your article to us at FirstRoundsSubmission@gmail.com by July 20, 2016 for the September issue of First Rounds in American Academy of PAs!

Also, like us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/firstrounds/

Or on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/firstrounds

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By WakadanPA
      To my veteran PAs:
      I recently received an email about the Student to Service HRSA scholarship that states NPs and Certified Midwives are now eligible disciplines for the upcoming scholarship cycle. The reason for the addition is the bolster primary care and obgyn providers in underserved and rural areas. Makes sense to me... however to my surprise PAs are not included in this scholarship opportunity. 
      Is this an issue that the AAPA would take up? If not, who can I write about this issue other than the HRSA?

• By rookiejay
      I wish we had Telemed as a specialty topic 
      I have been looking for work in Temed for years. The AAPA is now pushing to get us into the role and a new website 
      "Telehealth
      Many PAs have asked about opportunities in virtual medicine and telehealth. The Medicare program reimburses PAs for providing all covered telehealth services in the same manner as physicians. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services temporarily expanded telehealth and telemedicine services to enable beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services without having to travel to an office, clinic, or health care facility. PAs are fully included in the telehealth and telemedicine expansion program. PAs can find out more information about telehealth, telemedicine, and reimbursement at AAPA’s Reimbursement website. They may also be interested in joining AAPA’s special interest group, PAs in Virtual Medicine and Telemedicine (PAVMT)."
      https://www.pavmt.org/
      for PA interested in Telemed

• By sas5814
      PAFT would like to congratulate the following newly elected officers of the AAPA Board of Directors and
      House of Delegates who were endorsed by PAFT.
      President-elect:
      Beth R. Smolko, DMSc, MMS, PA-C
      Director-at-Large:
      Jennifer Orozco, MMS, PA-C, DFAAPA
      House of Delegates
      Director/Second Vice Speaker of the House:
      Leslie Clayton Milteer, PA-C, MPAS, DFAAPA
      PAFT, for the third year in a row, has had 100% of its endorsed candidate successfully elected. Overall
      greater than 94% of PAFT’s endorsed candidates have been elected. It seems PAFTs ideals and values are
      in keeping with the majority of voting members of AAPA.
      Why not come see if we agree with yours.
      Join PAFT.
    • By rev ronin
      One of the nice things about gender disparity in recent PA students and graduates is that there's no line for the men's room.
      Post your own AAPA 2019 observations below!
      First one to spot me and introduce yourself gets a to-be-determined prize. Void for people whom I have already met in person.
    • By sas5814
      PAs for Tomorrow provided the 2019 AAPA candidates questions regarding their beliefs about the future of the profession.
      Please go to www.pasfortomorrow.org for more information about our endorsed candidates.
      After a lengthy review and robust discussion, the BOD of PAFT is pleased to endorse the following candidates:
      President:
      Beth R. Smolko, DMSc, MMS, PA-C
      Director-at-Large: 
      Jennifer Orozco, MMS, PA-C, DFAAPA
      House of Delegates
      Director/Second Vice Speaker of the House:
      Leslie Clayton Milteer, PA-C, MPAS, DFAAPA
      #PAFT
      #AAPA19

As of right now the more involved explanation of our process and reasons hasn't been posted but will be up soon. If you are an AAPA member we encourage you to vote!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More