2016-2017 application Cycle

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed in December also and didn't receive an email. I also loved the school and it was definitely my number one choice. That's how I'm taking the situation though. It seems that the people that received the emails are the ones who are getting accepted.

If I interviewed in December and did not receive an email invitation to the PBL session, should I assume I'm being rejected? Any idea of how many seats have been filled? I truly fell in love with the school, faculty, and teaching style and cannot fathom the idea of rejection

I also just got the email about being placed on the alternate list. I'm not sure how many students are on it, and they said they don't publish the number. However, at the interview they did say all 300 people that interviewed were very qualified for the program and that's why they were chosen for the interviews of the 1000+ that applied.

I just received an email saying that I am placed on the alternate list. Does anyone have an idea how many students are on the wait list? Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who were accepted!

Hey, guys! I interviewed at the first interview date and was placed in the alternate list. I received a call around 9:45 PM CT last night that I got accepted to the program. I didn't receive the PBL email and still have not. When they first started calling people after the first interview date, it took about two days to call all of those who were accepted. I received my wait list email about a week after. Although this was my first choice program, I received notification too late and have already committed to another program that begins next month. I hope this gets someone off the waitlist. I wish you all the best of luck, and Merry Christmas!

I was waitlisted today as well. They also said that they admit more than 80 students from the start in order to compensate for students who choose other schools. They have to get through those students first before they even look at the waitlist. It does seem a bit strange that no one on here has heard a flat out reject. I'm not optimistic about the waitlist.

I was waitlisted today as well. They also said that they admit more than 80 students from the start in order to compensate for students who choose other schools. They have to get through those students first before they even look at the waitlist. It does seem a bit strange that no one on here has heard a flat out reject. I'm not optimistic about the waitlist.

I can't help but wonder why they would accept 80 for a 60 seat program anticipating losing 20 students from the start. Or why they would then proceed to put every student they interviewed on the wait list. Why do that many give up their seat in this program compared to any other across the country? I personally fell in love with Chatham at the interview and don't quite understand their admissions process

They accept around 80, not 60. They'll accept slightly above 80, anticipating that other students have another first choice school. For instance, a guy I work with chose Pitt over Chatham. The only thing about the admission process that I don't understand is why they would invite 300 people to interview to begin with. If everyone is qualified, what is the point for those with applications ranked in the 200-300 range? Literally 120+ people would need to insanely fail their interview or choose another school, for them to make the top 80. Even though I had an interview, I still have no idea if I'm anywhere near qualified to make the program in the future if I don't get in this year.

They accept around 80, not 60. They'll accept slightly above 80, anticipating that other students have another first choice school. For instance, a guy I work with chose Pitt over Chatham. The only thing about the admission process that I don't understand is why they would invite 300 people to interview to begin with. If everyone is qualified, what is the point for those with applications ranked in the 200-300 range? Literally 120+ people would need to insanely fail their interview or choose another school, for them to make the top 80. Even though I had an interview, I still have no idea if I'm anywhere near qualified to make the program in the future if I don't get in this year.

I absolutely agree. I have not known any other program to interview so many applicants. I am also worried about not getting offered admission in the future.

I totally agree with you both, I find it suspect they don't admit to how many are on the alternate list. Also strange they won't tell you where you are on the list. It sure woukd be nice to know if I even had a chance of acceptance. 80 program offers of the 300 interviewed is a 26% chance of acceptance which is high, but this whole "everyone gets a spot on the alternate list" thing doesn't make sense. Usually it's an honor to get a spot on a program's wait list because those people are hand selected for the list

I agree and do find it a bit weird. Looking into past posts, I've never seen someone said they were rejected from Chatham, but all rather they got into the wait list. The rejection only came in months after when the seating were finally closed

Agreed. I just wish there was a way to know where we stand on the wait list and how many people are on it. That way I can move forward and make decisions regarding what my next steps should be

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived