Worcester: 2016-2017 application

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also got invited to interview. However, I'm hesitant to take it because after doing additional research I found some gaps. Does anyone else feel this way?

YES. Also have an interview coming up but was researching the school and found this: 

http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_g.html

Does anyone know someone personally who has attended this program and have good things to say about it? Because this student review website does not and it has me very concerned. 

The arc pa website lists the accelerated program as probational.

There is no such accreditation level as "probational", only "probation"...

MCPHS (all campuses and PA programs) has an accreditation status of "continuing" which is full accreditation status. MGH is "provisional" which is not the same as MCPHS... Check your facts!

http://directory.paeaonline.org/programs/1070

There is no such accreditation level as "probational", only "probation"...

MCPHS (all campuses and PA programs) has an accreditation status of "continuing" which is full accreditation status. MGH is "provisional" which is not the same as MCPHS... Check your facts!

http://directory.paeaonline.org/programs/1070

The MCPHS PA website also mentions their probation accreditation status. You can read about it on the accreditation link:

https://www.mcphs.edu/Academics/Programs/Physician%20Assistant%20Studies%20Postbaccalaureate%20MPAS

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Flexeril,

I was done at around 11am, but I was in the first group to interview, so it varies a little. Are you trying to catch a flight? I would schedule something in the late afternoon/evening just to be on the safe side!

Hi jennrosec! Thanks for responding to my question. I'm actually traveling by bus which takes a bit longer to balance it off with the hotel expenses. Your advice is great and I will exactly follow it.

Were you able to leave immediately after your interview was done or did you have to wait along with everyone else in your group to finish first? And do you know if they split the groups randomly or alphabetically where A to L, for example, would go first and the other half would go second? Thanks!

Flexeril,

They split everyone up into about 4 groups and then 1 group goes to interview while everyone else takes a tour. So my group interviewed first and then we took a tour (about 30min). I'm not sure if it was alphabetical, my last name does begin with a C, but that could've been a coincidence! Theoretically if you are in group 4, you could be there maybe until noon or 1pm? Again, I'm not really sure how long the other groups stayed, but I'm sure it wasn't anything crazy!

Flexeril,

They split everyone up into about 4 groups and then 1 group goes to interview while everyone else takes a tour. So my group interviewed first and then we took a tour (about 30min). I'm not sure if it was alphabetical, my last name does begin with a C, but that could've been a coincidence! Theoretically if you are in group 4, you could be there maybe until noon or 1pm? Again, I'm not really sure how long the other groups stayed, but I'm sure it wasn't anything crazy!

Thanks for replying again jennrosec! I really appreciate your input for my questions and it has been very helpful for me. Now I can finally properly plan everything out. Thanks a lot for your help again jennrosec!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived