2011-2012 wait list status

hey guys i know i keep saying this but the wait list is so unpredictable...lots of people in the present class were taken off the waitlist for MS in the summer...june even into late july! i personally had already started my CASPA application then got my acceptance...so just take that as you will! good luck!

also...there were also people in the class who interviewed in Jan/Feb/Mar for the "waitlist" but were accepted immediately...just an fyi!

• 1 month later...

I also found out today I was wait listed for the St. Petersburg campus. Anyone who was wait listed find out yet? I interviewed February 3rd. They told us that we were basically interviewing for the wait list that most of the spots had already been filled. Like someone replied in a earlier post the students told us they had about six or seven people in the class accepted off the wait list.

Has anyone heard of any recent movement on the wait list? I interviewed on feb 10 and found out I was wait listed last week. Did anyone that interviewed on the 10th get accepted? declined? or were all of us wait listed? I'm just trying to figure out what my chances are for getting accepted off the wait list, the waiting game is no fun!!

I received an email today confirming that I was on the wait list for St Pete but asking about my further interest in St Croix. They wanted to know if I was willing to visit the island before accepting a seat. Is this their way of gauging my interest? Anyone else get this?

I received an email today confirming that I was on the wait list for St Pete but asking about my further interest in St Croix. They wanted to know if I was willing to visit the island before accepting a seat. Is this their way of gauging my interest? Anyone else get this?

Hey! I got that e-mail too, but I got wait listed at Miami Shores. A lot of current students said they pull a lot of people off the wait list. Even Dr. Fien, the one who interviewed my group said that there are always open seats the first day of school and they keep trying to fill them until school starts. He made it sound like everyone gets in and they have trouble filling their seats, but I'm not sure how true that is. I withdrew my app, I already got into the program I wanted, but I thought I'd share that.

I got this same email today too. I was wait listed at Miami Shores. If I'm understanding the email correctly they're saying that we'll be on BOTH wait lists until we accept a seat at one correct? I'm wondering if we accept to be considered for St. Croix it would make our chances of being accepted off the wait list for the original campus we interviewed for lower.

hey, I just received the same email and I don't what to tell them. I never told them i was interested in the st. croix campus and I dont the financial means right now to take a trip there and visit. So have you repond to the emaail yet and what did you tell them?

Yes, Michelle Spence told me that I would be considered for both campuses like you said until one accepts me. As far as that effecting acceptance at the original location, I'm not sure. I would hope not, but you never really know unfortunately. I have a funny feeling that the email is just a way for them to weed out their wait list, by that I mean they are probably most interested in the last option- "I have accepted another university’s offer and would like to be removed from the Barry University PA Program waitlist." They don't want to extend acceptance to "waitlisters" who have already taken a seat elsewhere.

I got the same e-mail too! I would be interested in attending there but I haven't heard much feedback about living on the island or how the students like it there. I'm not sure I could afford make the trip out there but if I was accepted I would def try to make it a point to visit before moving so far away! I haven't sent a respnse yet though.

Does anyone have any insight on what it's like to live out there and how the students like it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey I just emailed michelle not to long ago and she got back to me an said that all the seats are currently taken up at the three schools. She also did say to not give up hope yet because they tend to see most of their withdrawls from the program in the summer time, and the majority of the people on the waitlist will get offered a seat. I am not trying to give false hopes because I am in the same boat as you. Hopefully it holds true though and we both get some good emails soon.

Hey I just emailed michelle not to long ago and she got back to me an said that all the seats are currently taken up at the three schools. She also did say to not give up hope yet because they tend to see most of their withdrawls from the program in the summer time, and the majority of the people on the waitlist will get offered a seat. I am not trying to give false hopes because I am in the same boat as you. Hopefully it holds true though and we both get some good emails soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived