2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very confused because I submitted my application September 7th, and I received confirmation emails then. I have not heard anything in weeks and now today I received an email confirming receipt of my application???? Did anyone else have this happen?

Same thing happened to me! I sent my application on Sept 8 and received a confirmation email (Sept 12)  then another email  stating that after their first review, my application is now marked as complete (Nov 1). I believe the first one is just a confirmation of the receipt of our application and now it is still in the process of getting reviewed! Hope we get an interview soon~

I'm not sure when the December session is, but I just had my interview on the 4th/5th and they mentioned a possible January date as well. They haven't decided yet if they are going to add the extra interview date or not yet, but they are thinking about it since there were so many good candidates that applied this year. They said that if they did decide to do this they would let us know that we would have to wait longer. But they did say we would know early in January at the latest.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently on the interview hold list. Is there only one interview day left?

From my understanding, there has been discussion about holding an extra interview day in January. Initially, the interview being held in December(?) was going to be the last day. Great news for everyone on the interview hold list, bad news that applications were extra competitive this year!

From my understanding, there has been discussion about holding an extra interview day in January. Initially, the interview being held in December(?) was going to be the last day. Great news for everyone on the interview hold list, bad news that applications were extra competitive this year!

Thank you for your response!

Do you mind sharing your stats crdpa?

Sure, I don't mind! 

Overall GPA: 3.78

Science GPA: 3.80

GRE Scores-

Verbal: 163

Quantitative: 161

Analytical Writing: 5.5

Direct patient Care hours: ~2200

I have no shadowing hours :(

If you are really interested in University of Iowa- I would youtube and search for MMI practice. There is this one youtuber named "Course Grinder"- listening to his practice problems really helped with the interview in my opinion. I also recommend reading up on current events- both in the PA world and in general before going to the interview. Remember, in the MMI your answer should showcase HOW you would address the issue- not what your final answer is! 

I hope this helps- the only reason I know this is because this was my second time interviewing here and I (obviously) didn't get in the first time.

I will be attending Uni. of Iowa in Fall 2017 and I'm soooo excited! I got accepted to Barry university as well- but there is just no competition in caliber. 

I was placed on the interview hold list a few weeks ago and just got the call from Kaila that I got an interview! It's December 16/17. It says in the interview invitation email that this is the last interview date, so I think they might have decided to forgo the January session. Hopefully this helps for those waiting to hear back!

Archived