2016-2017 Stony Brook Application Thread

I just got invited to interview for Nov. 17th...I wonder if this is still for open seats or more for a stand by list? Any thoughts anybody?[/quote

I doubt they fill the class before the final interview date because that would be unfair, so with 180 interviewees, and 6 interview sessions, that would be approximately 30 students per interview. To fill the class to 44 students they would probably take about about 7 students from each interview group, and who's ever not rejected gets waitlisted. This is why those who are waitlisted don't hear back to til around December

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone who already interviewed know how long the interviews go until? I'm trying to make travel plans. Thanks!

About 4.5 hours maybe less depending on what time they schedule your one on one interview. I was the very last one to interview and i was there for about 4.5 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, does anyone know the format of the interview? Is it traditional, group, or MMI? Thank you!

It's a traditional interview. You do one 20 minute interview with 2 faculty members or one faculty member and a current student/alumni and then you do another 20 minute interview with the same set up

Has anyone found out if they have been waitlisted or rejected yet? I interviewed in October and I thought they were supposed to tell us our waitlist rank if we didn't hear back from them.

In the interview last week they said that everyone would probably hear the week after thanksgiving since the committee would not be meeting this week. 

Hey guys, 

First,  I wanna say congratulations to everyone whose been accepted this far. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in June! I was just wondering if any of you had written down information regarding international rotations. I know during the seminar they had a global map up of places where we could potentially rotate at. I wrote down South Africa, Cali, Boliva, and Mexico but was wondering what some of the others were. I haven't found anything on the SB website. If any of you know, feel free to PM me so we can discuss this further. 

Thanks

Just very confused .... I interviewed early on and was told we would hear from them regardless the next week. Never heard back, so I emailed Ms.Perrino and she said if we hadn't heard then we would be on "hold" until the rest of the interviews were held. Then, we would hear either a yes, no, or ranked waitlist position after the November interviews. Still waiting? Is everyone else who hasn't heard back either way? Just feel like there wasn't much info given out about this painful waiting period

Just very confused .... I interviewed early on and was told we would hear from them regardless the next week. Never heard back, so I emailed Ms.Perrino and she said if we hadn't heard then we would be on "hold" until the rest of the interviews were held. Then, we would hear either a yes, no, or ranked waitlist position after the November interviews. Still waiting? Is everyone else who hasn't heard back either way? Just feel like there wasn't much info given out about this painful waiting period

I interviewed in Oct. I remember they said only a hand full of us would hear by the following week and the rest will either hear nothing or receive a rejection. If we haven't heard we are still on hold. 

I'm on the same boat, you are not alone. 

I interviewed in Oct. I remember they said only a hand full of us would hear by the following week and the rest will either hear nothing or receive a rejection. If we haven't heard we are still on hold.

I'm on the same boat, you are not alone.

I emailed her on December 1st asking for an update and she told me to be patient and that we will hear back shortly

Archived