2016-2017 Stony Brook Application Thread

I was able to fit my answers in the alotted space, granted I had to decrease the font size and consolidate my answers to one paragraph per question, but it fit with determination. 

To those that received interviews: Did you guys receive an email that your supplemental was received? All I got was an automated email after submitting that said the program will be in touch, nothing else. 

Thank you! I was able to convert PDF to word, and made sure each answer was 250 words or less :) 

And I have the same question whether Stony lets applicants know it receive the supplemental app!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone I just send in my supplement!! Good Luck to everyone!

To those who recieved an interview, how long after you sent your supplement did they invite you for an interview?

I sent my supplemtal on 5/29, received an interview almost exactly 2 months later

Just received an interview invite for October 20th. The notification came via email, for anyone wondering! I sent my supplemental in on June 3rd, but they emailed yesterday saying that they couldn't locate it. I sent it again yesterday afternoon and got the interview invite this morning! I'll be coming from Baltimore!

Just received an interview invite for October 20th. The notification came via email, for anyone wondering! I sent my supplemental in on June 3rd, but they emailed yesterday saying that they couldn't locate it. I sent it again yesterday afternoon and got the interview invite this morning! I'll be coming from Baltimore!

Literally the EXACT same thing happened to me. My CASPA was verified June 6th and I had already sent in my supplemental but I got an email yesterday saying they couldn't locate it. Glad I wasn't the only one, hopefully it was a glitch in their system! I will be interviewing Oct. 20th in the morning session also, see you there!

Funny story, they couldn't find my supplemtal application either once I resent it I got an interview for October 20th and I'm also coming from Baltimore

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, it has been very important to complete the online application promptly. My CASPA application was verified May 10, 2016 and I received an interview invitation on July 8. I e-mailed my supplemental application to the program just days after completing my CASPA application.

Stony Brook seems to have a solid PA program and I'm looking forward to interacting with the many people. The tricking part of the interview weekend is figuring out what time to drive through NYC. :)

It will be exciting to meet many fellow Stony Brook applicants! 

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely loved the program yesterday! Good luck to everyone else interviewing and those that applied. They were very frank about their process which was refreshing. They will be giving us some word this Wednesday and final word sometime after they wrap up the final interview for those on hold. They also rank the alternate list which I think is great ! Good luck to all

Archived