2016-2017 Stony Brook Application Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GoyaHoya69

can someone please tell me how many essay questions are in the supplemental app? before seeing the app, i would have to pay the supplemental app fee, but I would first like to know how many essay questions there are. Thanks!

can someone please tell me how many essay questions are in the supplemental app? before seeing the app, i would have to pay the supplemental app fee, but I would first like to know how many essay questions there are. Thanks!

There are 6 essay questions, 250 words max each that ask stuff about your medical experiences, interest in the program, and leadership.

Guest GoyaHoya69

How did you all complete your supplemental apps? The link Stony Brook sends us gives a link to a pdf, but not one that can be edited. Did you all print out the app, fill in appropriate demographic info, scan it, type up the essays, and then link the app with your essays?

How did you all complete your supplemental apps? The link Stony Brook sends us gives a link to a pdf, but not one that can be edited. Did you all print out the app, fill in appropriate demographic info, scan it, type up the essays, and then link the app with your essays?

You can edit the PDF using Adobe or Preview software, although they don't give you much room for your answers on the supplemental.

There are 6 essay questions, 250 words max each that ask stuff about your medical experiences, interest in the program, and leadership.

Did you happen to write your answers on a separate word doc? Or did you use the allotted space? The space given on the PDF seems more like 100 words rather than the 250 words space. I'm stranded between just condensing my answer to fit the space they gave us, or just write my answers on a different word doc and saving the supplement together. 

Did you happen to write your answers on a separate word doc? Or did you use the allotted space? The space given on the PDF seems more like 100 words rather than the 250 words space. I'm stranded between just condensing my answer to fit the space they gave us, or just write my answers on a different word doc and saving the supplement together. 

I was able to fit my answers in the alotted space, granted I had to decrease the font size and consolidate my answers to one paragraph per question, but it fit with determination. 

To those that received interviews: Did you guys receive an email that your supplemental was received? All I got was an automated email after submitting that said the program will be in touch, nothing else. 

Archived