should I still apply this cycle or wait?

Hello everyone!!!!

This is my first time posting on this forum so i'm hoping I'm doing it right. 

A little bit about my background: I went to the University of Miami (2014) and graduated with a GPA of 3.0 with a bachelors of Microbiology and Immunology and minors in Biology and Chemistry. 

Then I went on and got my masters at Barry University in Biomedical Sciences and graduated this past May (2016) with a GPA of 3.6

I have a 2 year research experience at the microbiology lab at Miller school of Medicine in Miami, 160 hours of shadowing with different physicians (Urology, Obgyn, Neurosurgery and Anesthesiology) 

Also, I have accumulated over 120 hours volunteering at Cleveland Clinic florida at the ER working on both health care experience (greeting and bringing patients to the back, restocking the shelves, providing blankets and pillows to patients, serving food and also cleaning the rooms, organizing the charts and more...) as well as direct patient care (taking the patients vitals such as blood pressure, measuring height and weight, oxygen saturation and more...) so basically my ER hours can be used for both sections on the CASPA

I have all my letters of recommendations (one from a PA, one from a charged nurse at the ER and one from my director in grad school) but I haven't taken my GRE yet! 

My problem is that I am not sure this is competitive enough, should I go and get certified as a CNA or even MA or even a scribe? or should I apply right now with what I have so far? is it too late to apply?

I'm interested in applying to all schools in Florida but my first choice is Nova in Orlando. 

I need your opinion please!! 

Do the programs you want to apply to count research experience as HCE?  If not, you're looking at 120 hrs of sort of PCE (PCE is HCE, HCE isn't always PCE - you won't be able to list it in both sections, just one, and honestly the hours spent stocking shelves should absolutely not count as PCE).

If that is the only direct, hands on patient care you have, then no, it's not competitive.  Calculate your cGPA and sGPA.  They likely aren't impressive enough to compensate for negligible HCE.  Look at the websites of the schools you want to apply to and look for matriculating student stats.  If you aren't in the same GPA/GRE/HCE range as them, save your money and wait to apply.

If you can afford it, I say go for it! It's good to get the experience and go through the process of applying as it can be overwhelming. Doing it this cycle will only leave you more prepared for next cycle. Be diligent with researching programs and only apply to those with no PCE requirements. As a note, you don't need a certification to be a scribe (at least for the company I work for). I suggest you pursue either CNA or EMT as having these certifications will make you more competitive. Good luck!

Archived