2016-2017 application cycle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to cast a wide net. I didn't want to go through this process again so I figured it would be best to apply to multiple programs. My wife is OK with relocating, and It looks like the VA will be paying for whatever program I get accepted into (if I do) so I don't have much to lose, besides a few bucks.

I just wanted to cast a wide net. I didn't want to go through this process again so I figured it would be best to apply to multiple programs. My wife is OK with relocating, and It looks like the VA will be paying for whatever program I get accepted into (if I do) so I don't have much to lose, besides a few bucks.

thats awesome! I wish you the best of luck

6/7/2016: Got the confirmation email that all materials have been received. WSU will now begin reviewing application to determine if candidates meet their standards, if so, they will email a supplemental to be completed. 

Do you know if it is beneficial to send in your application early? Or do they look at all the applications at the same time? If you don't know, then I can just ask. 

I think it would be. In the email, they said that they were reviewing my application and would send a supplemental in the next several weeks. If I apply by the deadline, this process would take much longer because I would assume they would have to go through more applications at, or around the deadline, which would further delay the supplemental link. Because I submitted early, I will likely get the supplemental early as well, and will be able to finish this probably before the deadline. 

Basically, I still think the earlier the better, even if they state that they do not utilize rolling admissions. 

I think it would be. In the email, they said that they were reviewing my application and would send a supplemental in the next several weeks. If I apply by the deadline, this process would take much longer because I would assume they would have to go through more applications at, or around the deadline, which would further delay the supplemental link. Because I submitted early, I will likely get the supplemental early as well, and will be able to finish this probably before the deadline. 

Basically, I still think the earlier the better, even if they state that they do not utilize rolling admissions. 

Okay thanks for the feedback! I want to submit my application as early as possible, but I want to wait until my summer grades are updated into my transcript. 

• 1 month later...

Do we need to apply to the graduate program before a supplemental application can be offered?

I applied for the graduate program after I found out my caspa was received. In the supplemental email they remind you that graduate program application must be turned in not later than October 1st so I'm assuming you can do it after the supplemental.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived