Best degrees for PAs after a masters

Hello folks,

Long time browser and occasional poster on the forum. I just finished PA school and lined up a job to start after passing my boards. During some of my interviews many of the managers put on display their hospital affiliations with schools that offer MBA programs "free" if providers commit to working for an additional 24 months. 

It got me thinking. What other degrees are advantageous to PAs after getting their masters? Obviously it depends on what you want to go into (owning your own practice Vs. Education Vs. Healthcare reform) but I'm just curious to hear from people who returned to school for an extra "piece of paper."

How has it changed your career? Was it worth it? Who would you recommend to anyone else?

BelgianPA

common options: MPH, DrPh, DHSc, DHEd, EdD. Starting next year there will be DMSc programs for PAs.

I finished a DHSc in global health last year and have a few part time teaching jobs now as a result of this. also helped with a lot of info I need to be effective when working in the developing world- I usually got to Haiti twice/yr and am on several disaster teams.

Archived