2016- 2017 applicants

Does Harding give preference to students residing in Arkansas? I feel like I read that somewhere but can't seem to find on their site..

They like in-state residents and also people who will stay in AR after they finish the program. So in a sense there's no preference because it is a private university. Usually public programs are the ones that give in-state preferences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! I am interviewing on the 21st and am driving 12 hours to get to Search on Thursday. I am getting a hotel in Searcy for the night. I thought I would extend out an offer to share a hotel room with anyone else who is coming in from out-of-state the day before in an attempt to split the costs of lodging. Just let me know on here and we can share info in a direct message! 

Hey everyone, has anyone received a pre-interview rejection notification?

I haven't heard anything since I turned in my supplemental application, anyone else in the same boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I am in the same boat. I was verified June 9th and turned my supp app not too long after that. I have yet to hear anything from them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been invited to interview on 2/24. It's listed as the last interview and they said they would send invites 6-8 weeks before the interview date so 6 week mark is today right?

That is correct. But from what it seems like there has been people who have gotten invites closer to the interview date as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I interviewed on 2/3 and was notified yesterday that I was placed on the alternate list. I guess that means I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed until August but does anyone know how likely it is to get in off of the alternate list? 

Good luck! I'm also on the alternate list. Last year they went pretty far, to the 30's if I recall correctly from scanning their website when applying. Sounded like that was atypical though from what Dr. Murphy said...so I'm cautiously hopeful.

Good luck! I'm also on the alternate list. Last year they went pretty far, to the 30's if I recall correctly from scanning their website when applying. Sounded like that was atypical though from what Dr. Murphy said...so I'm cautiously hopeful.

Wow, to the 30s! That does seem a bit odd, but it does give me increased hope. Good luck to you as well!

Archived