IOWA: Dubuque University

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I still haven't heard anything either. I am thinking it is time to start preparing for the next application cycle.

Don't lose hope yet! A lot of schools are still conducting interviews. Maybe someone will decline their seat here and accept a seat somewhere else. Who knows!

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't heard anything either. I am thinking it is time to start preparing for the next application cycle.

I agree with the others, don't lose hope! After my acceptance to this program I got two other interview invitations. Both after January 1st. I declined both of them since I had already accepted and paid for my seat at UD. 

Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/13/2016 at 3:11 PM, IAPA16 said:

Got a call on Tuesday that I have been accepted! Good luck to everyone! If I hear back from Iowa in the meantime I will most likely choose them if given the chance but very excited for either school!

How long do they typically give you to accept? Did you receive other offers and were forced to make any decisions right away?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2017 at 10:55 PM, Richka05 said:

How long do they typically give you to accept? Did you receive other offers and were forced to make any decisions right away?

Hi Richka05,

Last year, they gave us an approximate time about when we would hear back. I interviewed at the end of October and they said it would be around Thanksgiving before I heard back. Sure enough, the day after Thanksgiving I heard back. They typically give you two weeks, however, that is dependent on the school. UD was my first interview and my first acceptance. I accepted right away because you never know what another school may think of you, so that would be my biggest advice. Don't sit and hope for something better. I interviewed at St. Ambrose and declined the rest of my interviews because I liked the idea of going to a newer program with newer facilities. Also, the professors here are exceptionally intelligent and highly motivated for us to be successful.

On 10/9/2017 at 11:51 AM, cgd91 said:

Hi Richka05,

Last year, they gave us an approximate time about when we would hear back. I interviewed at the end of October and they said it would be around Thanksgiving before I heard back. Sure enough, the day after Thanksgiving I heard back. They typically give you two weeks, however, that is dependent on the school. UD was my first interview and my first acceptance. I accepted right away because you never know what another school may think of you, so that would be my biggest advice. Don't sit and hope for something better. I interviewed at St. Ambrose and declined the rest of my interviews because I liked the idea of going to a newer program with newer facilities. Also, the professors here are exceptionally intelligent and highly motivated for us to be successful.

That is wonderful! Thank you for your advice. Did you end up choosing to study at St. Ambrose or Dubuque? What have your experiences with the campus been like thus far? 

On 10/16/2017 at 1:39 PM, Richka05 said:

That is wonderful! Thank you for your advice. Did you end up choosing to study at St. Ambrose or Dubuque? What have your experiences with the campus been like thus far? 

I am in the program at the University of Dubuque. You were definitely in the anatomy portion of our class this morning. Hopefully that gave you somewhat of an idea, but I have really enjoyed everything about the program this far. All of our classes are highly engaging and it's quite incredible how much we have learned in the short time we have been here. Our class is awesome and they do a great job of vetting everyone. I enjoy the small class size and the smaller feel of the town. It allows you to focus on the reason you chose to go to graduate school on this arduous journey to becoming a PA. Hopefully the interviews went well today.

19 hours ago, cgd91 said:

I am in the program at the University of Dubuque. You were definitely in the anatomy portion of our class this morning. Hopefully that gave you somewhat of an idea, but I have really enjoyed everything about the program this far. All of our classes are highly engaging and it's quite incredible how much we have learned in the short time we have been here. Our class is awesome and they do a great job of vetting everyone. I enjoy the small class size and the smaller feel of the town. It allows you to focus on the reason you chose to go to graduate school on this arduous journey to becoming a PA. Hopefully the interviews went well today.

Well I hope I came off having really enjoyed the program despite being sick! I truly loved the campus and the amount of effort the faculty put into making it less stressful. The interview itself went by very quick after being there for hours already. Not sure if I was able to reflect how much time I spent looking into the program or my excitement to be there but I am hoping for the best. ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, acolsch said:

I am so excited! I have just been accepted from the waitlist! Thank you all for your encouragement! It was well worth the wait!!!

So happy you made it in! I am on the waitlist for this cycle and was just curious where you were at on the waitlist? They just gave me a number and there are several people ahead of me. I really hope I work my way up to acceptance.

Thank you and cheers!

On 12/30/2017 at 2:21 PM, Richka05 said:

So happy you made it in! I am on the waitlist for this cycle and was just curious where you were at on the waitlist? They just gave me a number and there are several people ahead of me. I really hope I work my way up to acceptance.

Thank you and cheers!

They changed up the interview process a lot since last year. Those of us who were accepted off of the waitlist did not receive any sort of number as to where we stood (at least I didn't). I was accepted off of the waitlist right around this time last year. Best of luck to you!

Archived