2016 App cycle

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received a link to complete the supplemental app this morning and I read somewhere on their website that supplemental app = interview invite. Apparently only 80 people will receive interview invites for a class of 40. Good luck everyone! :)

I should have waited 5 minutes to post my last comment... I just received an email about the supplemental application.  From the previous application cycle's forum, it sounds like if you you get the supplemental you will get an interview.  Here's hoping!  Also, I'm an in-state applicant.

It's not clear if we send them to Towson University admissions or School of Health Prof admin office in Baltimore...  If I have time today I'll call someone, but if someone beats me to it please post an update!   

I called yesterday and they told me that we have to send them directly to Towson University. The full address is: Towson University - Graduate Admissions, 2nd Floor, 7800 York Road, Towson, MD 21252. (I think this only applies if you have been invited to fill out the secondary application though!)

I called yesterday and they told me that we have to send them directly to Towson University. The full address is: Towson University - Graduate Admissions, 2nd Floor, 7800 York Road, Towson, MD 21252. (I think this only applies if you have been invited to fill out the secondary application though!)

Perfect, thank you!  Yes, I'm going through that now.  Have completed all three online applications (ugh, I thought the entire purpose of CASPA was to streamline this process...) and wasn't certain which location to send to.  Thank you for sharing the info!

This was my third year applying. I have been retaking pre-reqs and got A's (4 A's and 2 B's is what I currently have). I have over 8,000 hours of patient care as a cardiac sonographer. I was shocked that I wasn't offered an interview for the third year in a row. These schools need to start telling applicants the truth--that it doesn't matter what your patient care experience is. It's all about grades. Best of luck to all of you.

Hey guys, I applied to Towson/CCBC for this year as well. I received an email on 6/13 that stated my application was under review but I would not hear anything back until late in the fall semester. I was just curious as to when everyone received the "under review" email and when they received instructions for the supp application.

Hey guys, I applied to Towson/CCBC for this year as well. I received an email on 6/13 that stated my application was under review but I would not hear anything back until late in the fall semester. I was just curious as to when everyone received the "under review" email and when they received instructions for the supp application.

Hey there! I received by "under review" email 7/5 and about an hour later that same day I received instructions for the supplemental application. They notified me today that my supplemental application is being sent to the PA department today. Hope this helps!

How soon did you guys get your confirmation that they received your application? I was verified 6/21 but still have not received an email from Towson/CCBC stating that its "under review"

Edit: Of course, i just got my email stating that my application has been received not long after posting this.. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, I applied twice in the past and opted not to apply this year. Towson, notoriously, has taken students with 4.0 average over patients with experience. I believe this is a good program, but not the one for me. Does not seem holistic and working in the Baltimore area I have run into the PAs often. Both at my work and in passing, it does not seem the PAs are prepared via HCE so much as academically... just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my supplemental application today and finished submitting everything. However, did anyone notice that the Towson Grad application is $45 and not $50 like the checklist states? Just thought that was weird even though I'm sure it was the Towson Grad app.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my call for an Oct 5 interview on 8/9. Who else is going to be there?

I also have an interview on this day. They gave me a 12:30 time and said it would only be an hour. So im interested if you have a different time slot? It looks like in the past the interviews have been one on one and then the interviewee and a panel as well as an essay portion...

Archived