2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone, 

My application was submitted September 7th, and I have only received the confirmation email. I am really worried because I have unfortunately already received two rejections from other programs. My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.59

Science GPA: 3.35 ( I know this is low)

Verbal GRE: 157

Quantitative GRE: 160

Writing GRE: 4.5

Hours of Patient Care Experience:1700

Hours of Shadowing: 100

Is it completely hopeless to wait for an email about an interview? Especially with such a low science GPA. I also feel like I submitted 3 weeks ago, and if I was going to get an interview invite I feel as though I would have gotten it already :( 

@acolsch: I'm sorry to hear about rejections, it's always hard to find confidence after that. I wouldn't say it's completely hopeless to hear about an interview, but many people that submitted earlier still have yet to hear about an interview as well. With the number of applications schools get it can take months after submitting your application to hear back either way about an interview. I wouldn't give up hope, your numbers are just fine, and if things don't go your way this year I would suggest next year trying to get your app in as soon after CASPA opens as possible to increase your chances of getting an interview. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't heard anything and it is making me nervous I was really hoping to get an invite for the next round of interviews but it seems like they sent those out a few days ago. I submitted my application on 9/7. Would anyone who got an interview mind sharing some stats?

I still haven't heard anything and it is making me nervous I was really hoping to get an invite for the next round of interviews but it seems like they sent those out a few days ago. I submitted my application on 9/7. Would anyone who got an interview mind sharing some stats?

Sure. I'm a bit of a non-traditional student, but:

cGPA-3.4

sGPA-3.85

Last 60+ hours GPA-3.95

Paid HCE-3500 hours (EMT, PCT)

Volunteer-a TON when I was younger, but not a lot in recent years

GRE-318 v-165 q-153

cGPA: 3.76

sGPA: 3.51 

HCE: 5000+ hours (Med Tech and phlebotomist) 

GRE: 304 (I know, not that great) 

I received an interview invite today but unfortunately the only opening on their website was January 10th. Did this happen to anyone else? Should I call and confirm that this is the earliest I can get an interview? I am nervous that with the rolling admissions that January will be too late. 

So for what I see, it takes about 1.5 - 2 months to hear from them -on average-? maybe. 

Do they send rejection letters faster than interview invitations? how does it work? 

Submitted: 8/19

Verified: 8/26

GRE: 09/23 taken  

GRE scores on 10/02 = 288 (I know - very low): 

cGPA: 3.92

sGPA: 3.88

Volunteer: 320

HCE: >12,000 - current

I have not heard anything and it's killing me cause of my GRE score, ugh...

To anyone who has had their interview, what did they say about their probationary accreditation status? I have my interview 12/06 and I was really excited about DMU's program, but got significantly less excited when I heard about the probation.

From my understanding, it was because they weren't bringing their 2nd years back frequently enough for assessments, etc. Their didactic curriculum wasn't the issue. I believe they met recently regarding the probation to present their remediations and have the probation reassessed/removed?

To anyone who has had their interview, what did they say about their probationary accreditation status? I have my interview 12/06 and I was really excited about DMU's program, but got significantly less excited when I heard about the probation. 

They were open about their probationary status and sounded very confident that they had made the necessary changes in the testing practices during the clinical year. Their explanations of everything on the interview day made me still feel that I would get a great education with their program and they reassured us that students in their program would be able to sit for the PANCE and still be graduating from a fully accredited program.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how full the class is? I submitted my application in August but have yet to hear anything about an interview.

Hello Booboo09, I have no idea how full the class is. We are on the same boat, I applied in September (sent my GRE score in October) and haven't heard anything yet :-/

I hope we get an invitation real soon! :D stay in touch!

Archived