2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, 

Do you have an idea of when do they start the interviews? month? I have a strong resume but I have not taken my GRE...I am afraid I may be too late for this cycle. I talked to Katie and she said go ahead and do your CASPA and take the GRE and just enter the results whenever you have those, but it makes me nervous to be late, for what I have been reading... 

What do you guys think?

TIA, 

Brenda

• 2 weeks later...

I was verified on 5/20 and was offered an interview on 6/28. First available date was 7/26, but I am riding RAGBRAI and opted to take the second available on 8/9.

Good luck to everyone! I wouldn't say it is too late to take the GRE. It is still so early in the cycle!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone care to share their stats for those that have gotten interview invites?

I just submitted my application August 1st so I am still waiting to hear any news!

GPA: 3.61

sGPA: 3.58

HCE hours: approx 5000

Shadowing hours: 72 across various specialties

Volunteer hours: 180

Good luck! Don't get discouraged! They've only had 2 sessions and have several left yet.

Thanks! My stats are very similar so that brings some hope! What about your GRE scores? If you don't mind sharing!

Shoot! I knew I forgot something. Haha.

Verbal: 156

Quant: 156

Writing: 3.5 (Woof! If I can do relatively horribly on the writing portion, there's hope for everyone ;) )

• 3 weeks later...

received an invitation on 8/31/16 to interview for the 10/25/16 date

(email stated, "our interview days are held on select Tuesdays; there are currently options in October and November)

GPA 3.51

SGPA 3.93

Verbal 154

Quant 157

Writing 4.0

HCE hrs ~2,300 (of which ~1,000 volunteer hrs, ~1,300 paid)

PA shadowing ~100 hrs

For anyone who has had an interview, how did it go? 

I interviewed July 26th and the process was pretty relaxed. Of course we were all nervous (there were 8 of us there) but everyone does the best they can to keep you from feeling a ton of pressure. They give you a tour and a few presentations about the school so by the time I interviewed, I was more excited than nervous. The interviews themselves aren't bad either, they just want to get to know you instead of grill you with crazy questions. Overall it was a great experience and I'll be putting my deposit down this week!

I interviewed July 26th and the process was pretty relaxed. Of course we were all nervous (there were 8 of us there) but everyone does the best they can to keep you from feeling a ton of pressure. They give you a tour and a few presentations about the school so by the time I interviewed, I was more excited than nervous. The interviews themselves aren't bad either, they just want to get to know you instead of grill you with crazy questions. Overall it was a great experience and I'll be putting my deposit down this week!

How long after your interview did you hear back from them? I have my interview on Tuesday!

Thank you so much for this information, it is super helpful!

Hey everyone! I interviewed on August 9th and experienced the same as described above. I really like how they made the experience into a whole day where you can really learn about their program.  You even have lunch with current students so you can ask them anything you want about going to school there. The two twenty minute interviews were not bad and they don't seem to expect you to answer everything perfectly, which was definitely nice.  I found out I was accepted three days later on the 12th by email! So excited!!

Hey everyone! I interviewed on August 9th and experienced the same as described above. I really like how they made the experience into a whole day where you can really learn about their program. You even have lunch with current students so you can ask them anything you want about going to school there. The two twenty minute interviews were not bad and they don't seem to expect you to answer everything perfectly, which was definitely nice. I found out I was accepted three days later on the 12th by email! So excited!!

Congratulations! I'm really excited to interview tomorrow. Any suggestions?

How long after your interview did you hear back from them? I have my interview on Tuesday!

They will let you know how soon the admissions committee is meeting. They met 2 days after my interview, so we found out in three days! They're very open with their interviewees, so it takes a lot of the stress out of waiting. Good luck!

Archived