Low scores on PACKRAT & Kaplan - considering rescheduling

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to gauge where I'm at right now in preparation for the PANCE. I'm scheduled to take the PANCE in 4 days, but am feeling extra anxious, as I've never felt that I'm a strong test taker, and my scores on PACKRATs and kaplan don't seem very strong to me.

I've been studying pretty solid for the past two weeks and my most recent scores (on practice questions) are as follows:

-PACKRAT: upper 130s

-Kaplan: high 50s

I'm wondering if anyone else was scoring similar to this (on PACKRATS and kaplan) before taking the PANCE, and if they'd mind sharing (even if just via a direct message) how it went. Also open to any other thoughts / insights on how these scores might correlate to passing the PANCE.

Thank you!

You realize that you will have the same Packrat scores whenever you finally decide to take the exam.

Only you can decide if you have a preparation problem that more studying and practice test taking (or a refresher course) would help, or if you have a performance problem on tests that is interfering with your ability to do well. 

It is hard to do well on tests if you tighten up and stop using the test-taking logic that you were probably taught somewhere along the line. Or you get worried that you can't take the test again for 90 days if you fail. You have to get internally calm enough to perform well. That takes work too, but a different kind of work.

Now is a good time to get calm and decide which is your problem is so you can overcome it.

Good luck, no matter what you decide to do.

My PANCE score was almost identical to my PACKRAT scores. It was unbelievable but the two have been proven to be correlated. Good luck and don't overthink things.  I am not the best test taker either, but I've learned over time to stop overthinking and go with my gut instinct. The questions really aren't created to trick you....

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Hi pastudent41! Did you end up rescheduling? I was in the same boat...packrat was high 130s. I studied for a few weeks after graduation, but I had some family issues that made it difficult to concentrate. I already have a job lined up, and with the extra pressure to pass the first time, my test anxiety was through the roof. I read some threads on here to try and quell my stress, and people that had scores of 180 on packrat were worried, so of course I'm freaking out. I'm just an absolute wreck right now waiting for my results. I keep thinking about how hard the exam was, how I made stupid mistakes, etc. and I'm probably another week and a half out from finding out my results. This is awful. 

• 2 years later...
On 8/28/2016 at 9:40 PM, centerforants said:

Hi pastudent41! Did you end up rescheduling? I was in the same boat...packrat was high 130s. I studied for a few weeks after graduation, but I had some family issues that made it difficult to concentrate. I already have a job lined up, and with the extra pressure to pass the first time, my test anxiety was through the roof. I read some threads on here to try and quell my stress, and people that had scores of 180 on packrat were worried, so of course I'm freaking out. I'm just an absolute wreck right now waiting for my results. I keep thinking about how hard the exam was, how I made stupid mistakes, etc. and I'm probably another week and a half out from finding out my results. This is awful. 

hi there.. i am having very similar anxieties as you right now! had many stresses and distraction prior to taking the pance this week and came out realizing i made soooo many dumb mistakes and didn’t know some information. i got in the 170s in both my packrats however but just had anxieties get in the way of test day. how did this end up for you? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2016 at 8:40 PM, centerforants said:

Hi!! Did you pass the PANCE?

Archived