2016-2017 LMU Application cycle

I was thinking they just wanted you to be able to tell them how you plan to complete your courses by the time classes start there. I am in the exact same position you are in. I'll be graduating on Saturday and starting there on Monday. Online it just said to have a plan, so I don't think we actually need any documentation for it, but then again I'm not sure. See you Friday!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I am a LMU applicant and have my interview this Friday 10/28, I'm both nervous and excited to say the least.

I was looking at their website and it said all interviewees are to bring documentation if they have any incomplete pre-reqs or degree to prove they will be completed by matriculation.  This applies to me, I have one pre-req I'm taking this semester and I will graduate in May (literally right before LMU's orientation, thank goodness).

So my question is, is anyone else in this position? And what does such a documentation look like? I'm assuming it is a transcript, a signature from an advisor, and maybe a brief explanation tyoed up and attached to it.

Any help would be great, and good luck to everyone!

I was in the same exact situation. I graduated undergrad 36 hours before class started here. If you have any updated information you can bring it but other than that don't worry about it too much. If it is like last year, they will give you a paper of what they still need you to complete on your interview day. You can make them aware of your situation but they know some people are still in school. If you get accepted, I would send them an updated transcript after you finish your pre-req this semester. At some point next semester you will have to get your university's registrar to send the program a letter stating you're on track to graduate on time. I personally had to send the program the course description of a couple of my completed biology courses and one of my psychology courses to verify they were acceptable. None of this really factors into their decision of acceptance or not though. You just have to make sure you get everything done after you are accepted.

So for those of us that just recently got accepted, am I correct in thinking we are waiting for something to come in the actual mail with instructions on how to submit our deposit?

yes! the letter should be mailed out by today and we should receive them no later than the end of the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many people are in the current class? And are they planning to accept the same size of students or more?

I tried to look this up on their website, but was unable to find it.

Currently, they have 105 but 9 of those students are returning due to personal reasons. From what I understand, I believe they'll accept 96 for this class (not including returning students.)

Currently, they have 105 but 9 of those students are returning due to personal reasons. From what I understand, I believe they'll accept 96 for this class (not including returning students.)

Yes, that's correct. The program is approved to accept 96 new students per the NCCPA (certifying agency). The individuals that have to repeat the didactic year are not counted in that number though.

Anyone know how long it takes since getting my confirmation that LMU has all my stuff until i hear back about an interview or anything?

Interviews run all the way through February so you could hear at any time between now and then if you get an interview. They usually send interview invites out about a month in advance before the interview. The remaining interview dates can be found on the 1st page.

Archived