2016-2017 LMU Application cycle

I heard a student that got accepted and graduating from LMU ended up not having a good experience. Felt the area was unsafe and told me that they would not highly recommend this program. 

I guess everyone has their own experience but I honestly find that surprising. In the 6 months I've been here I haven't heard anyone express that type of view. I wonder what happened to them to make them feel unsafe too? The town LMU is in has a population of about 4,000 so it is pretty small and very quiet. Most people have the exact opposite view of the area and love it (depending on if you like the country or city more). I would not hesitate to say that this individual is in the small minority of people that don't like the area or program. When I started school here I wasn't really sure what to expect but I can say that it has exceeded my expectations and the longer I spend here the more I like it (the school and area).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a student that got accepted and graduating from LMU ended up not having a good experience. Felt the area was unsafe and told me that they would not highly recommend this program. 

I am also in the current class of 2018, and i really can't imagine there being an "unsafe" area anywhere around LMU. Our professors do everything they can to help facilitate our learning and the experience you get here can be matched with any other program, in my opinion. Then again, everyone has their own experience i guess

Hello everyone!

Is there anyone else on here interviewing on December 9? I am coming up from Georgia to interview on that day.

Also, how was the social gathering the night before the interview at the Gondolier?

I'm excited for this opportunity and to meet new people who could be potential future classmates!

Hello everyone!

Is there anyone else on here interviewing on December 9? I am coming up from Georgia to interview on that day.

Also, how was the social gathering the night before the interview at the Gondolier?

I'm excited for this opportunity and to meet new people who could be potential future classmates!

Hello,

I interviewed 10/28 and was accepted. Best of luck! Probably the least stressful interview I've been a part of. I loved it. 

Definitely go to the social gathering, meeting with current students not only lowered my anxiety but also put me in that professional/personable mood. It also helped to talk to fellow interviewees.  It calmed my nerves quite a bit to learn that they are flawed humans, too - and not perfect 4.0 students (like these message boards might lead you to believe ;) ).  Just remember that the current students do not effect the selection process whatsoever - so bragging about resume is not going to help you get in. Also make sure to bring money, you are responsible for your food.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain what being on an alternate list means exactly? And if we will be notified whether or not we are accepted once interviews are over? Thanks!

Being on the alternate list is the same as being on a waitlist. They definitely pull off of the alternate list every single year so I would still be hopeful. There are multiple people that I have talked to in my class that were pulled off of the alternate list. Not every single person they offer a seat to will take it and this is where the alternate list comes in. I believe they do send out an email after all interviews are done and all the seats are spoken for. There are interviews all the way through February so there will be seats that are still open until sometime in March.

Got an interview invite for Jan 13 as well.

Are we required to live in the university housing if accepted?

Nope, you can live wherever you please.

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips for a cheap place to stay? LMU has suggested holiday inn or sleep inn but they seem very pricey at the moment!

Anything helps! Thanks

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn.  I think the price was around $99.  The town is so small I'm not sure there is much to choose from other than the two they suggested.

Archived