2016-2017 LMU Application cycle

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who interviewed on 9/30, what did you think???

Congrats on the interview invite, Jthori! The interview day is very relaxed. I had two interviews that were scheduled for 15 minutes each, both with a panel of 2 faculty members - although, I ended up being in there for around 30 min for both. They were all very nice and welcoming. There is a lot of waiting around so I would advise you to bring something to keep you occupied like a book.

For those that have already been accepted, do you guys have any tips on the interview or just about the day in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a great interview experience. The minute you walk in you have a line of faculty members welcoming you in and directing you. Everyone was so nice and really showed how much they wanted you to have a pleasant time. They start off with a few presentations and then you have your first interview, which lasts 10-20 minutes. Just be honest and be yourself (I know this is the worst advice ever but they  just want to see your personality and if you will be a good fit for the program). While you are waiting for the rest of the candidates to interview, you have a chance to talk to the current students that will answer any questions. You have lunch and then a tour and then your second interview which lasts about the same time and then you are free to go!  Honestly, I felt horrible after my first interview. I was really nervous and it seemed obvious. But by the second interview, I had a chance to calm down, get my head straight, and really connect well with the interviewers. So just relax, talk about your experiences, be yourself, and have fun!

Hi Everyone! Congrats on submitting, interviews, and/or acceptances! I am a current PA student at LMU and I absolutely love it! I know I used these forums frequently during my application cycle, so please don't hesitate to ask any questions!

I'm also including a link to a video created by our class (different than the one previously posted). This video is a compilation of when we did a Snapchat takeover and I think it really gives you a great inside look to our daily lives and classes!

Also, if you haven't heard of LifeAsAPA (Andrea Arnold) go and follow her on all social media accounts...she's a PA in the PICU and is awesome!

It was a great interview experience. The minute you walk in you have a line of faculty members welcoming you in and directing you. Everyone was so nice and really showed how much they wanted you to have a pleasant time. They start off with a few presentations and then you have your first interview, which lasts 10-20 minutes. Just be honest and be yourself (I know this is the worst advice ever but they just want to see your personality and if you will be a good fit for the program). While you are waiting for the rest of the candidates to interview, you have a chance to talk to the current students that will answer any questions. You have lunch and then a tour and then your second interview which lasts about the same time and then you are free to go! Honestly, I felt horrible after my first interview. I was really nervous and it seemed obvious. But by the second interview, I had a chance to calm down, get my head straight, and really connect well with the interviewers. So just relax, talk about your experiences, be yourself, and have fun!

About how many people were there to be interviewed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also received an interview invitation for next Friday, the 28th! I've very excited but very nervous at the same time. Excited to meet all of you that will be there interviewing that day as well! Also congrats to everyone who has already received acceptance notifications!! 

I am so excited to meet all of you this week (oct 28th)!! I'm so nervous about the interview. For those of you that have already been to the interview can I ask what type of questions they asked you? I've been looking up sample questions and they vary from ethical questions to specific ones about laws that PAs have to follow. I just want to know how in depth I need to know about the PA profession specifically to answer their questions.

Thank you! and good luck to everyone!

Hello! I am a LMU applicant and have my interview this Friday 10/28, I'm both nervous and excited to say the least.

I was looking at their website and it said all interviewees are to bring documentation if they have any incomplete pre-reqs or degree to prove they will be completed by matriculation.  This applies to me, I have one pre-req I'm taking this semester and I will graduate in May (literally right before LMU's orientation, thank goodness).

So my question is, is anyone else in this position? And what does such a documentation look like? I'm assuming it is a transcript, a signature from an advisor, and maybe a brief explanation tyoed up and attached to it.

Any help would be great, and good luck to everyone!

Hello! I am a LMU applicant and have my interview this Friday 10/28, I'm both nervous and excited to say the least.

I was looking at their website and it said all interviewees are to bring documentation if they have any incomplete pre-reqs or degree to prove they will be completed by matriculation. This applies to me, I have one pre-req I'm taking this semester and I will graduate in May (literally right before LMU's orientation, thank goodness).

So my question is, is anyone else in this position? And what does such a documentation look like? I'm assuming it is a transcript, a signature from an advisor, and maybe a brief explanation tyoed up and attached to it.

Any help would be great, and good luck to everyone!

Archived