2016-2017 Philly Campus Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

@cle9 We received an email last week that both campuses are full. But they are still interviewing for the waitlist. You will hear a definitive answer in two weeks and then have two weeks to pay the deposit. Good luck!

As far as things you can do to boost your application. Everyone who applies has good grades, lots of hours, good recommendations, etc. What can you offer or do that makes you different? They want diversity. Be that experiences, skills, age, background, etc. When you write your essay or have an interview SELL what makes you unique or different. Stand out.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, 

I was accepted here following my early August interview. I know this program is very competitive, but please do not lose hope. I believe last year they used most, if not all of their waitlist applicants. And either way, even if you might be interviewing for a waitlist spot, it's still a great chance for practice in improving your interviewing skills and you still have a chance!

I also don't believe you need a crazy GPA or PCE to get into this program. I didn't. They want well rounded individuals who know why they want to be a PA and this can really be shown in your personal statement. I just wanted to throw that out there and say no one should be discouraged!

I also received the notification that the class is full. Like @fluidworks said, it wasn't really a typical "we regret to inform you that..." e-mail but I consider as a closure for me. I've received quite a few of them this cycle, but Philadelphia U was definitely the nicest one. haha. I actually felt somewhat good because they leave a small chance that maybe, MAYBE, I might be brought back into the "consideration pool" but not really. lol.

@FuturePA-S1995: Thanks for your encouragement. After getting 4 rejections so far, your message definitely uplifted my spirit today. So, thank you for that! And good luck in PA school!

Seconding PAinthe215 - don't give up guys! This was my third time applying and I just received notice that I was accepted and am so glad that I did not give up. I was beginning to lose hope because I was waitlisted at different schools two years in a row prior to this cycle. But I persisted and kept building up my PCE hours and volunteer hours. I definitely did not have a high GPA( Overall 3.5, sGPA 3.4). If this is what you really want to do, keep at it and your efforts will be rewarded :)

Hey everyone! 

I received the same email letting me know the Philly campus was full. I emailed admissions, and they said I wasn't rejected, and there is still a possibility of getting into the program if people decline their spots! I wouldn't treat it as a rejection yet since I know people who have put deposits down for Philly U, but are waiting on other schools since it isn't there first choice!

Hello, Everyone! I am from the Class of 2018. We are doing an apparel sale, and we wanted to extend it to the Philly and AC class of 2019. The company will mail your items directly to you (and before the holidays). We also receive a small portion of the sale (which goes into our school account for activities, charities, etc). Just follow the link below! 

https://sv-sports.tuosystems.com/stores/philadelphia-university-physicians-assistants

Btw, congratulations to those accepted! For anyone rejected, just know the Philly campus only had a few spots to start with because of our track-up program. So apply again next year! For those of you who were wait listed, keep up hope! Some of my classmates were accepted into the program only a few months prior to the start!

Anyways, good luck to you all!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I interviewed in Oct.2016 and I got waitlisted later that month. On Jan. 17, 2017 I was informed my rank in the waitlist was 5.

My question to you all: Is a ranking of 5 on the waitlist too far?

My stats: Patient Care Hours of over 5,000 as a medical tech in a psychiatric hospital. 24 PA shadowing hours. 207 volunteer hours with the elderly in prevention of hospital acquired delirium. Volunteered with the YMCA in disadvantaged areas and BigBrother BigSisters. Undergrad in Psychology. Verified 6/10/16. Overall GPA 3.26 and Science GPA 3.36.

Hello all,

I interviewed in Oct.2016 and I got waitlisted later that month. On Jan. 17, 2017 I was informed my rank in the waitlist was 5.

My stats: Patient Care Hours of over 5,000 as a medical tech in a psychiatric hospital. 24 PA shadowing hours. 207 volunteer hours with the elderly in prevention of hospital acquired delirium. Volunteered with the YMCA in disadvantaged areas and BigBrother BigSisters. Undergrad in Psychology. Verified 6/10/16. Overall GPA 3.26 and Science GPA 3.36.

I applied late last year to this school- my CASPA was verified 8/27/15 and I got an interview the last interview group. When we got there we were told there were only two seats left. I got an email a few hours after I interviewed that I was moved to #1 on the wait list- so they do wait till all interviews are done to rank the waitlist.

So my interview was in Feb and then a spot opened sometime around middle third of march .

It is a long waiting process - don't stress just do thinks that make the time pass by . There is still hope for you to get in:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

My question to you: Is a ranking of 5 on the waitlist too far?

I thank you in advance!

Hello all,

I don't know if this is any help to you but when I interviewed in September they said that last year they pulled 5 people from the wait-list. But you have to keep in mind that this school has a $2,000 deposit which is pretty steep. I can't imagine too many people are able to walk away from that. But then again you never know. 

I am also on the waitlist but sadly I haven't received my email with my ranking yet. Hoping to get it soon. 

I don't know if this is any help to you but when I interviewed in September they said that last year they pulled 5 people from the wait-list. But you have to keep in mind that this school has a $2,000 deposit which is pretty steep. I can't imagine too many people are able to walk away from that. But then again you never know.

I am also on the waitlist but sadly I haven't received my email with my ranking yet. Hoping to get it soon.

Thanks for the information. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

Archived