Guest GoyaHoya69

2016-2017 Philly Campus Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

Didn't see a thread for the philly campus for this application cycle, so I thought I'd create one. I was CASPA verified on 6/17 and received a confirmation email that they received my application on 6/22. Nothing left to do but wait and hope for an interview.

Did you guys apply to both campuses or only one?

I applied to both, they stated they would look at the application and if they deemed you fit for the program, then they would select the campus they thought is best for you and offer you an interview there. Good luck everyone!

Today I sent along an application update, which some of the other schools have accepted, with new GRE scores and additional patient care hours. I got a prompt response explaining that applications are accessed as is. Then two hours later I got a rejection letter. It was probably a coincidence but was really strange. Did anyone else get a rejection today?

For the people who received rejection emails, when was your app submitted/verified?  I am just curious as to where they are at in looking at applications.

For those who got a rejection email, what was your overall, science, and non science GPA (if you don't mind sharing) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who got a rejection email, what was your overall, science, and non science GPA (if you don't mind sharing) ?

I applied May 27th. Mine was a 3.67! :( but I only had about 500 hrs of patient care experience. What about the others who were rejected?

I was rejected, applied in June. I have a 3.5 overall GPA and 3.5 science GPA and over 2500 of EMT patient care experience.

Guest GoyaHoya69

I was rejected, applied in June. I have a 3.5 overall GPA and 3.5 science GPA and over 2500 of EMT patient care experience.

Sounds strange to get a rejection so soon with those stats. Do you mind me asking what day in June you were caspa verified for Philly university?

In one of the previous forums, someone had said that the deposit is 2,000$, does anyone know if this is still correct? Just curious!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Janab
      Hi everyone!
      Does anyone here know what the preferred housing options are for the students in the PA program? Is it more convenient/affordable for the students to live in the dorms on campus or do most of the students commute from elsewhere in Manhattan/another boro for the entirety of the program? Thanks in advance!
    • By lowkrull@gmail.com
      Hello everyone! My name is Ben and I am looking to start a thread for everyone who was accepted to ODU for the class entering Aug 21, 2017. I received my acceptance email and letter towards the end of October and am hoping to connect with some of the students who have been accepted so far! Anybody accepted that is from Columbus? Any tips on looking for housing near campus?
    • By krob0
      Has anyone ever done an elective rotation at MD Anderson?

I am very interested in applying but so far all of the housing options are more than $1000 a month (plus the rent I already pay for my apartment by my school). I am trying to weigh the price vs the benefits and experiences that I could gain at MD Anderson.

Any advice would be appreciated!
    • By kb1988
      I didn't want to hijack another thread so I'm starting a new topic here. Just wanted some opinions on Minneapolis neighborhoods? Are there any that should definitely be avoided, or any that you find particularly charming? I'd be willing to commute probably 25 mins max to Augsburg, but obviously would prefer closer. Thanks for any thoughts in advance!
    • By Huckleberry
      I'm looking to find an interested individual to split a 2 bedroom apartment in either the Newark, Wilmington, or Glasgow area. 

About myself: I'm a 28 year old male resident of California moving to Delaware for Physician Assistant school at Arcadia University. I currently work at a paint shop since I like home improvement projects, and at night as a medical assistant. I like to read, watch movies, run, hike, swim, and really anything else outdoor related during my non-working hours. 

I'm a considerate roommate and respect the space of others. I'm well organized, friendly, and focused.

My move in date would be mid May 2014.

If you're in a similar situation, looking to cost save and have a solid roommate please let me know! Thanks!

(As a current Arcadia student, if you can recommend a good apartment complex, I'd appreciate that as well.) 

Nick

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More