OU-OKC 2016-2017 Cycle

I'm truly sorry to hear that happened to you.

I received an invite yesterday to interview. I'm a first year applicant from out of state. I graduate with my master's degree at the end of the year. I'm really nervous after reading this thread. I by far do not have the best stats, and this is my first interview ever. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? What is their interview style? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Also when I set up my interview, she told me the entire December interview week was open to pick from. So I'm sure there will be more calls being made for interview invites.

Their interview style was very laidback. I remember wondering what I was nervous about in hindsight. But you mostly mingled with other applicants and 1 yr students until you got called into your personal interview. Depending on your session, you went on your campus tour before or after your interview.

The interview is a faculty member and a community doctor or PA that had ties to the school.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their interview style was very laidback. I remember wondering what I was nervous about in hindsight. But you mostly mingled with other applicants and 1 yr students until you got called into your personal interview. Depending on your session, you went on your campus tour before or after your interview.

The interview is a faculty member and a community doctor or PA that had ties to the school.

Thank you so much for replying! That definitely gave me a little bit of confidence. 

I haven't heard anything. But for now, take the no news as good news. If you haven't received a rejection email or snail mail, you're still in the running. Positive thoughts!

I agree... Just nervous. This happened last year too and recieved a rejection email the day interviews were over...

Thank you! I interviewed yesterday afternoon and it went well. Now we wait...

To anyone else who is interviewing - feel free to ask questions either here or PM me and I'm happy to help however I can. Don't be nervous! Everyone is super nice and helpful.

Congrats on getting through it! [emoji4]

Hey everyone! Just made an account so I could post in here. I'm currently driving to the school from Arkansas for my interview. My interview is tomorrow at 8 and I'm extremely nervous. It's my first year applying and this is the first school I'm interviewing at. Any help or advice would be extremely appreciated!! Look forward to seeing anyone going to be there tomorrow at the same time!

Hey everyone! Just made an account so I could post in here. I'm currently driving to the school from Arkansas for my interview. My interview is tomorrow at 8 and I'm extremely nervous. It's my first year applying and this is the first school I'm interviewing at. Any help or advice would be extremely appreciated!! Look forward to seeing anyone going to be there tomorrow at the same time!

I'm also out of state, driving in here from Dallas. Does anyone know if the interviews are MMI style? Thanks thanks!

Leaving the university now and headed back to Arkansas. While making this awful drive, I figured I'd post in here with an update. Interview went well (in my opinion atleast) the staff and students are extremely helpful and open to questions. Interview setting is very laid back. I know this is a known but seriously just be yourself. Don't go in there and recite rehearsed scripts. Be genuine. Obviously know the general questions but be your self. Good luck to everyone and best of wishes. Maybe some of us might end up becoming future classmates!

Archived