OU-OKC 2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received my call to interview today as well! I chose December 5 @ noon, from MI and I don't have an awesome GPA, just a ton of HCE. I see some familiar names on here, @dmwiley and @masynbreann. Good luck to you all for this round. Hopefully we will be future classmates. As for @mweeks76, I remember last year I didn't get a call until a few weeks before the last session of interviews. Don't lose hope!

I received my call to interview today as well! I chose December 5 @ noon, from MI and I don't have an awesome GPA, just a ton of HCE. I see some familiar names on here, @dmwiley and @masynbreann. Good luck to you all for this round. Hopefully we will be future classmates. As for @mweeks76, I remember last year I didn't get a call until a few weeks before the last session of interviews. Don't lose hope!

Thanks. Just nervous. This is my second try at this, last time I didn't even get a call. I can't handle not getting a call again.

Hey! Yes, hopefully this is our year! Good luck to you too :)

I was really hoping to hear back by the end of November so I'm glad I read this thread. I assumed the 2 weeks of interviews were back to back. Otherwise I'd be freaking out!

I'm a repeat offender as well! Interviewed and was waitlisted last year. I wouldn't worry too much about GPA. Their average actually went down in some areas, so they definitely aren't just driven by numbers. They take in to account many other things. I also heard they may give some credit to those who applied before. Good luck to everyone, it'd be so great if we all got in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatyL,

It would be nice to get some sort of credit for reapplying after being heartbroken! Lol, do you remember who you interviewed with last year? Plus, on the re-applicant advisement powerpoint, it did say to not be discouraged because it often takes 2 tries to get in.

True, I feel like they said half the class were re applicants. I have a friend in now that got in on her 4th go round! I interviewed with Bruna. You?

True, I feel like they said half the class were re applicants. I have a friend in now that got in on her 4th go round! I interviewed with Bruna. You?

Oh man, 4 times?! I don't know if I could do it again. I had a rough time talking myself into it this year. I interviewed with Dr. Halliday, but I don't think anyone in her group got accepted last year.

Oh man, 4 times?! I don't know if I could do it again. I had a rough time talking myself into it this year. I interviewed with Dr. Halliday, but I don't think anyone in her group got accepted last year.

Yeah, I know there are so many great applicants and it's just very competitive. But is was VERY hard for me to not take it personally. Well here's to hoping better luck for us this year!

I'm a repeat offender as well! Interviewed and was waitlisted last year. I wouldn't worry too much about GPA. Their average actually went down in some areas, so they definitely aren't just driven by numbers. They take in to account many other things. I also heard they may give some credit to those who applied before. Good luck to everyone, it'd be so great if we all got in!!

I interviewed last year as well but I wasn't waitlisted! My GPA is just over a 3.5 which unfortunately is not competitive at all but makes it over their unsaid 3.5 cutoff. I went to the reapplicant advisement last spring and they said that our chances definitely increase each time we apply, although I don't remember the exact percentage. 

I'm wondering when we will find out after the interviews since they are spreading them out by a month..

@mweeks76 have you heard anything yet? 

Well. I received an interview invite yesterday via voicemail. When I tried to follow up today, they informed me that the interview invite was a mistake and they called me by accident. 

Even though today sucks for me, that just means that there are some interview invites still going out! Don't get discouraged if you haven't been called yet. Good luck to everyone on their interviews and future offers of acceptance! 

Well. I received an interview invite yesterday via voicemail. When I tried to follow up today, they informed me that the interview invite was a mistake and they called me by accident.

Even though today sucks for me, that just means that there are some interview invites still going out! Don't get discouraged if you haven't been called yet. Good luck to everyone on their interviews and future offers of acceptance!

That sucks... Sorry to hear that. It's also a little mean considering we are all nervous and waiting to hear something.

I'd cry. Legit, tear the hell up.

Hopefully you've been invited elsewhere or even gotten accepted.

I'm truly sorry to hear that happened to you.

I received an invite yesterday to interview. I'm a first year applicant from out of state. I graduate with my master's degree at the end of the year. I'm really nervous after reading this thread. I by far do not have the best stats, and this is my first interview ever. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? What is their interview style? Anything would be greatly appreciated.   

Also when I set up my interview, she told me the entire December interview week was open to pick from. So I'm sure there will be more calls being made for interview invites.

That's heartbreaking, I'm so sorry.  Wishing you the best of luck with the rest of the cycle!

Archived