OU-OKC 2016-2017 Cycle

I spoke with someone at the office the other day and they said last year everyone with a 3.0 GPA got an interview. I don't know if that is the case this year but you never know.

I wouldn't believe all that either... That means they have to be doing a lot interviews with as many applicants as they get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you guys don't mind sharing, what are you stats? I'm just curious as to what kind of applicants they are offering interviews. 

My undergrad GPA was not stellar (around 3.2 or so,) so I took around 12 additional hours of upper division science and got a Masters (4.0 graduate GPA.)

My undergrad GPA was not stellar (around 3.2 or so,) so I took around 12 additional hours of upper division science and got a Masters (4.0 graduate GPA.)

Thanks for sharing dmwiley. My undergrad performance was pretty weak, so I returned to school to work on a nursing degree that I have maintained a 4.0 in. I was really hoping that my HCE and more recent academic performance would make up for my awful undergraduate performance, but I haven't heard anything. 

Congrats and good luck on your interview!

Thanks for sharing dmwiley. My undergrad performance was pretty weak, so I returned to school to work on a nursing degree that I have maintained a 4.0 in. I was really hoping that my HCE and more recent academic performance would make up for my awful undergraduate performance, but I haven't heard anything. 

Congrats and good luck on your interview!

Do you have an overall 3.0 GPA? You can download your app from CASPA to see their GPA calculation. I think as long as it's a 3.0 for overall and science, you should get an interview but I'm not 100% sure! I'm sure they aren't done calling yet. 

Also, how many hours do you have in your nursing degree?

Congrats to those who have received interviews so far! Those who have already gotten interviews, are you all out of state? I heard that last year they called out-of-staters first, just curious if there's any truth in that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you get to choose between November or December?

Yes, the said that they are doing the interviews differently this year, and split the interviews into two different sections. The first section is November 7th-10th, and the second section is from December 5th-8th. I have no idea why they did it that way or what that entails for the selection process

Archived