OU-OKC 2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to everyone applying. I'm not applying until next cycle, but here is a tip. If you haven't been to an advisement session, register here and go https://hippocrates.ouhsc.edu/advisement/pa/default.cfm

If they see that you attended one, it will be another box that they check when considering you for an interview/acceptance. The next one is August 2nd, 2016. I'll be there aswell :)

Good luck everyone!  

I am an applicant but heard about this from a PA student I shadowed with in class and a PA who is on one of the boards that I shadowed with clinically.

Okay, awesome. I'm still a junior, so I can't apply until next cycle. :) Another thing the admissions lady told me is that they only offer interviews to the applicants with the highest GPAs and that after the interview is when they look at your overall application, like hce/shadowing/ect. 

How do you make arrangement to shadow a PA student ? I do not know any PA students yet.

Students who are interested in shadowing a current student may do so by emailing 

pastudents-okc@ouhsc.edu.  Please allow a couple of days for a student to get back to you due to them being in class from 8-5 most days.  They will coordinate which day will work best not only for your schedule, but theirs. Exam days are not allowed as shadow days.

neferpitou...Did an admission lady really tell you that they only offer interviews to those with the highest GPA? It just seems like thats rather a shallow way of going about it. No doubt a gpa can speak volumes about a candidates academic abilities however does not give a ligament interpretation of a candidates other strengths. Im not doubting what you said Im just a bit surprised.

neferpitou...Did an admission lady really tell you that they only offer interviews to those with the highest GPA? It just seems like thats rather a shallow way of going about it. No doubt a gpa can speak volumes about a candidates academic abilities however does not give a ligament interpretation of a candidates other strengths. Im not doubting what you said Im just a bit surprised.

I am going to disagree. I received an interview, ultimately turned it down because I had been accepted elsewhere, but I can definitely say my GPA was nowhere near the highest GPA. I was an older applicant with a middle of the pack GPA with a lot of other great stuff on my application. I would take the GPA comment about "only offer(ing) interviews to the applicants with the highest GPAs" with a grain of salt.

• 2 months later...

I spoke with someone at the office the other day and they said last year everyone with a 3.0 GPA got an interview. I don't know if that is the case this year but you never know.

I am going to disagree. I received an interview, ultimately turned it down because I had been accepted elsewhere, but I can definitely say my GPA was nowhere near the highest GPA. I was an older applicant with a middle of the pack GPA with a lot of other great stuff on my application. I would take the GPA comment about "only offer(ing) interviews to the applicants with the highest GPAs" with a grain of salt.

Archived