Cornell University 2016-2017 Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey APrice09... I received mine 2 weeks after, but I don't know if that's the mainstay. 

My stats are as follows:

Undergrad GPA: 3.44 (took college credit courses in high school and went to SUNY Geneseo undergrad, bio major, chem minor)

Post Grad GPA: 4.0 at Tufts Medical School, Masters in Biomedical Sciences

GRE: 59% quant, 72% verbal, 93% writing

~350-400 hours patient contact as surgical aide and shadowing

15 months of research in biochemistry and surface technologies, and counting

Currently volunteering 1 night/week in the ER.

As for your final question, check their website.  No clue.  Good luck!

Do you get a notification if you've been rejected ? Also has anyone received a call yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've seen in this thread, you do indeed get a notification you've been rejected, but you only get it through snail mail (no phone call/e-mail).

Thanks, NEQuadrant!  I haven't received a call yet. 

For reference, my call came a little bit before 2 weeks after my interview. I'm not sure if the group before me had to wait 2 weeks + a month from their interview though since they interviewed a month before mine.

Hope this helps!

This is the 3rd week post-interview.... bad bad, not good. Any info about what happens with waitlisting? I'd imagine it's snail mail as well. Can anyone speak to that?

Thanks!

Hi, I just got mail sometime this week from Cornell saying I was placed on the alternative list. I've been out of town the past few days until today so I'm not sure when I received it. I was in the same interview group as you (I remember your last name haha) so I believe you should be getting correspondence soon hopefully. The letter was postmarked Oct 14th and I live in CA if that helps. Wishing you the best and congrats to anyone who got in so far!

Hi, I just got mail sometime this week from Cornell saying I was placed on the alternative list. I've been out of town the past few days until today so I'm not sure when I received it. I was in the same interview group as you (I remember your last name haha) so I believe you should be getting correspondence soon hopefully. The letter was postmarked Oct 14th and I live in CA if that helps. Wishing you the best and congrats to anyone who got in so far!

. Hey, thanks! I'm assuming that they sent whatever letter I get to my old address if I haven't heard yet, seeing as I live in NY. Which is weird, because they sent my interview letter to the right address....

For all of you from the October 6th group who have not yet heard a reply from Cornell, I just called today to ask about my status. Apparently my application is still under review. So there's still hope!

I called yesterday and was told the same too...I really hope it's good !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what the current number of admitted students is. Last I saw on this thread was 19 spots filled out of 32 but that was before the previous interview happened so it must be less now.

Have my interview coming up 11/10 (probably last group) and want to know what my chances are. 

Wish me luck!! 

And congrats to everyone admitted. 

Archived