Cornell University 2016-2017 Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha yup finally got the email! But I was referring to the supp app. I got an email today saying they received my supp app

My response was in response to baileyr who asked when I was verified by Cornell! I just got my supp app today so I have not sent mine in yet. 

I was verified June 1, and have not heard anything from Cornell as of yet. I called on multiple occasions and asked about my status. They answer me right away and just say it is under review, without looking up my file. I'm a little concerned, considering people who were verified after me have gotten interview invites. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Guest GoyaHoya69

I was verified June 1, and have not heard anything from Cornell as of yet. I called on multiple occasions and asked about my status. They answer me right away and just say it is under review, without looking up my file. I'm a little concerned, considering people who were verified after me have gotten interview invites. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Yep. I was verified 6/17. We're probably just not competitive enough to get a supplemental. Weird though, because I have a good GPA and a great GRE score. We may still receive it down the road if they look back at older applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat in on a class and talked to students, as well as have worked with a graduate of this program. All of them (3-4 people, including my colleague) told me to not get my hopes up about hearing anything until October, because thats what happened with each of them. Don't lose hope. I believe they interview up until February? Someone can check that from last years thread. They also have a holistic approach to who they choose for invites.

Got an interview invitation for 9/15 via email ????!! Interesting how they're still filling up the 9/15 interview session. I remember reading posts here of interview invites of the same date around July 22. Good luck to everyone else! I look forward to meeting some of you soon.

CASPA verified: 7/01

Supp App Submitted: 08/08

So excited!

Yep. I was verified 6/17. We're probably just not competitive enough to get a supplemental. Weird though, because I have a good GPA and a great GRE score. We may still receive it down the road if they look back at older applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if they do actually look back at older applications? I have not received a supplemental either.

Does anyone know if they do actually look back at older applications? I have not received a supplemental either.

They did in previous years.  Last year they were moving through apps verified towards the end of the cycle, then a few people who applied early got last minute supplementals and interviews

Hey guys! Sorry I am a little late to the party ha. I was CASPA verified July 11, I got my supplemental application July 29 and I turned it in August 9. I still haven't heard anything about an interview invite though...and I am starting to get worried since most people here were invited to an interview about a week after Cornell received their supplemental :/

I have a question regarding the required reference letters. Have any of you who received the secondary application not have a letter from a professor? I have been out of school for a while and only have a letter from a PA, an MD, and an EMT chief. I am wondering if that would suffice based on your experiences. I was planning on emailing them Monday, but would like to hear from you guys first. Thanks

Archived