Cornell University 2016-2017 Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is they would only accept incredibly exceptional people immediately.... They still have a lot to interview.

I interviewed in the first session and haven't heard a word. But I did not expect acceptance based on questions I was asked.

At the first interview session they said we will know their decision either way by the end of August... But they also said they'd be emailing and not sending letters in the mail so it's hard to say

So they will have sent all the interview invites by the end of August? At least I won't have to worry about it much longer 0_o

My guess is they would only accept incredibly exceptional people immediately.... They still have a lot to interview.

I interviewed in the first session and haven't heard a word. But I did not expect acceptance based on questions I was asked.

If they plan on rejecting us, when do you think they'll let us know? 

They did tell us in the 2nd session that they would be making decisions on both the 1st and 2nd sessions within the week, and to expect to hear back within 10-14 days (from 8/11). I assume that this means we will hear back regardless of whether it is good or bad news. However, I did ask my interviewer and she said to allow more like 4-6 weeks for a decision. I've seen in forums from previous years that people that were rejected didn't hear back for months after their interview, so I guess there really is no way to estimate it. 

I only ask because I've only been waiting a week and I'm already so anxious haha. Good luck to all who interviewed/will be interviewing :)

At the first interview session they said we will know their decision either way by the end of August... But they also said they'd be emailing and not sending letters in the mail so it's hard to say

When I received my call they said they would be sending letters first and then e-mails after that. I was told letters were sent last Wednesday (8/17), but still have yet to receive mine. I have not received an e-mail yet either so I'll try and keep you posted.

EDIT: Looking back in last year's thread it looks like people either got calls or were sent information by postal mail, not e-mail.

What do you mean you don't expect to be accepted based on the questions you were asked?

I felt like they did a very good job of keeping a conversational and stress free atmosphere for the interview as a whole. But for the questions themselves, I felt like they highlighted my weaknesses and then did not give me the opportunity to respond. That feeling did not seem typical of the other candidates at my interview, so it's probably me needing to improve my interview skills, and finding a good way to steer the conversation and explain my more atypical application/experiences.

Yep. I was verified 6/17. We're probably just not competitive enough to get a supplemental. Weird though, because I have a good GPA and a great GRE score. We may still receive it down the road if they look back at older applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. High GPA and GRE scores. Considerable amount of hands-on medical experience, mostly done in NYC

I just received an email saying I was invited for an interview on Oct. 6th. Has anyone else been invited for an interview that day? Will they give us more information about the interview once the date gets closer?       

I also received an interview invite for Oct. 6th.  Not much details about the interview in the email.  I'm hoping they will send out another email with interview day itinerary soon. 

Archived