Pace University 2016-2017 Application Thread

Guest GoyaHoya69

Hi! I just saw this on my feed and figured I would answer this; I am a didactic student in the PA program at Pace. I'm really sorry that you've been having trouble getting in contact with the program, hopefully that's all cleared up. The program's didactic year is primarily at Pace University, where the interviews are held in the Financial District. The program works in conjunction with Lenox Hill Hospital, meaning our director, Dr. Godbout, is a medical director at Lenox Hill Hospital, and we go to Lenox Hill during our didactic year to practice our physical exams on some of the patients there. Also, our clinical rotations are not only at Lenox Hill - while they can be at LHH, we are also are either placed throughout New York City, we can choose somewhere to rotate (as long as we can commute to Pace), and we can even go abroad if we want to for one of our rotations. Hope this helped you!

Hi! I was recently accepted and was just wondering what the didactic class schedule was like, like what are the hours each week for each class etc? I really appreciate any info/input! Thank you!

Hi! I was recently accepted and was just wondering what the didactic class schedule was like, like what are the hours each week for each class etc? I really appreciate any info/input! Thank you!

Hello!

One of the first year students here - I might have met you when you came to interview. Hopefully you had the opportunity to talk to some students about the program during your interview but I'll reiterate some things about the curriculum.

Our classes are scheduled Monday through Friday and typically start between 830-900 and last until around 1500 with a 30 minute lunch break. Keep in mind that you are not always in the classroom during these hours as you will sometimes be in the clinical education lab, seeing standardized patients or doing hospital visits to Lenox Hill Hospital. You may even have extra time off and have a podcasted lecture assigned. The schedule varies considerably but the faculty is quick to let you know of any changes. 

If you, or any one else on the forum has questions feel free to post them and I will do my best to answer - and congratulations on your acceptance!

• 3 weeks later...

Happy 2017!

I am wondering if anyone who is reading this thread is in the didactic or clinical year that can give us a sample of their schedule? 

I know the program is 27mo, and according to the academic schedule on the Pace website, it seems there is only a winter break? What about during the clinical year? Thank you in advance !

Happy 2017!

I am wondering if anyone who is reading this thread is in the didactic or clinical year that can give us a sample of their schedule? 

I know the program is 27mo, and according to the academic schedule on the Pace website, it seems there is only a winter break? What about during the clinical year? Thank you in advance !

You will have multiple extended breaks throughout the 27 months period. After the Summer session, you have two weeks off before beginning in the Fall. During the Fall semester you will obviously not have class on Federal holidays in addition to some other holidays that the university observes and then two and a half weeks off for Winter. In the Spring semester you will have a week-long Spring break and two weeks off before you start your second Summer session (with another two weeks off before you begin your clinical year). 

I can't really comment on the clinical year as I'm still in the didactic portion however, your schedule will vary depending on the rotation you are on with call backs to the University for EOR exams.

Feel free to PM me or post on here with any other questions

Hey,

Congrats to all others accepted and best of luck to all on the wait-list. I look forward to meeting and you all. 

on a side note, I will have to move for this program and I must say moving to the city seems like a daunting task. =/

If anybody has tips/insight/recommendations on How and/or Where I should look I would greatly appreciate it. 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know about Pace's perspective on following up about the wait list?

Some programs like it, others don't.  I can't find any info on their website, and the wait list acceptance letter doesn't specifically say not to contact them.  It says "We will provide this information when available and notify you if an opening occurs."

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Hey,

Congrats to all others accepted and best of luck to all on the wait-list. I look forward to meeting and you all. 

on a side note, I will have to move for this program and I must say moving to the city seems like a daunting task. =/

If anybody has tips/insight/recommendations on How and/or Where I should look I would greatly appreciate it. 

I moved across the country to attend Pace. Finding a place to live is not as bad as it seems. The schools should be sending out an email soon with a Facebook group so students can find roommates, ask current students questions, etc. 

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know about Pace's perspective on following up about the wait list?

Some programs like it, others don't.  I can't find any info on their website, and the wait list acceptance letter doesn't specifically say not to contact them.  It says "We will provide this information when available and notify you if an opening occurs."

Thanks!

It won't hurt you to send an email or call the admissions office. Keep in mind that a lot of the movement on the waitlist occurs closer April and May

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! So sorry about the late response, but congrats on getting accepted! I'm a member of the class of 2018, so i'm in my didactic year. The classes are Monday-Friday and they are generally from 9:00 am to around mid-afternoon. Of course this changes depending on what's going on that day or what we are learning, but we are generally in class all day (we get a ton of breaks through out the day though).  Also during the fall and spring Thursdays tend to be longer days, but we are given a longer break that day, as well. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For any current students from Class of 2017 or Class of 2018, I am currently creating a financial plan/blueprint to pay for the program. Any advice? And for those taking out loans, does it stress you out the amount you have taken out? Thanks in advance!

Hey, I did not take out a bank loan so I am sorry that I can't help in that regard, but I do have some advice for financial planning. The monthly unlimited subway card is about $116 each month, so make sure you include that. Also if you are considering your monthly utilities for an apartment in NYC, make sure you think about the different seasons; my utilities are 2-3x more expensive in the winter than the summer due to my heat. Also, a lot of the students go out together maybe once a week, and you're going to need a break after most weeks, so make sure you set aside some money for relaxing things like having dinner out, getting drinks after class, and so on.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...