2016-2017 Application Cycle (PA Campus)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well then I hope we all applied to other schools LOL. I'm in the same boat and my application was verified on the 15th of July.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Guys, don't get discouraged yet. I submitted in the end of June and am waiting to receive an invite for November. My college has an agreement with PCOM. They're are interviewing through February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone! I am a current student at PCOM and know exactly how you are feeling, as I was in your shoes last year. I didn't apply to PCOM until Aug/Sept, I was invited to interview in December, and I was accepted 3 days later. I absolutely love this program and am SO happy with my decision to attend. Many of my classmates were accepted to other programs in Philly, and they chose PCOM because it is such a great program. If you have any questions I would love to try and answer them. Good luck to you all! 

Hey everyone! I am a current student at PCOM and know exactly how you are feeling, as I was in your shoes last year. I didn't apply to PCOM until Aug/Sept, I was invited to interview in December, and I was accepted 3 days later. I absolutely love this program and am SO happy with my decision to attend. Many of my classmates were accepted to other programs in Philly, and they chose PCOM because it is such a great program. If you have any questions I would love to try and answer them. Good luck to you all!

You are living our dream :) Could you tell us a few words about how your interview went?

You are living our dream :) Could you tell us a few words about how your interview went?

My interview lasted 20-30 minutes and was very similar to other interviews I had, pretty standard. Before my interviews I googled every possible question I could be asked and made sure I knew how to answer them. Every night I would try to answer 5 questions out loud. I had someone "practice interview" me too. My advice is to prepare for the interview but don't sound rehearsed. It was intimidating, I was nervous, I thought I miserably failed, but look where I am today! Good luck everyone! 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GoyaHoya69

Just found out that I was accepted into this amazing school, beyond excited!

Congrats!! How did they notify you and what was the format of the interview day? If you don't mind me asking.

Hello All.  Question about the PCOM application.  The part where it asks if you have shadowed a PA - I have set up a shadowing experience and it is scheduled for mid-October.  I really would like to submit my application but am not sure if I should:

1)  Leave the shadowing experience field blank since it has not yet occurred.

2)  Fill it in with the future date with a note that a report will be provided after the experience.

3)  Wait and submit after I have completed the shadowing (makes me nervous with the rolling admissions).

Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks ;)

Thanks! Notified via letter. We were told it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back, but it took 4 days. The format of the interview was 2 professors per one student. We had a tour first, then a presentation, a financial session, and then the interview.

When did you submit your application?

Thanks! Notified via letter. We were told it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back, but it took 4 days. The format of the interview was 2 professors per one student. We had a tour first, then a presentation, a financial session, and then the interview.

Congrats on the acceptance! So it definitely wasn't a group interview with other applicants? 

Guest GoyaHoya69

Just got my acceptance letter in the mail! I interviewed on 10/7 and this letter was dated 10/13. If anyone has questions on the interview process or anything like that, let me know. I'm happy to help.

Just got my acceptance letter in the mail! I interviewed on 10/7 and this letter was dated 10/13. If anyone has questions on the interview process or anything like that, let me know. I'm happy to help.

How long was the personal interview aspect? Did they ask any questions to trip you up?

Thanks!

Archived