2016-2017 Application Cycle (PA Campus)

Guest GoyaHoya69

How long was the personal interview aspect? Did they ask any questions to trip you up?

Thanks!

It lasted a good 20 minutes. There weren't really any questions that tried to trip me up. I'd say if you looked up popular PA interview questions, you should be prepared. They did ask a few questions that were tailored to my CASPA app, so be able to talk about your experiences well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got invited to an interview on the 11th of November at 8:00am. Anyone else got that date? I'm excited this is my first interview for a PA school EVER because I'm finishing undergrad this semester. Congrats to the all the people who got accepted already by the way. Does anyone have any tips for the interview? I'm really nervous.

I got invited to an interview on the 11th of November at 8:00am. Anyone else got that date? I'm excited this is my first interview for a PA school EVER because I'm finishing undergrad this semester. Congrats to the all the people who got accepted already by the way. Does anyone have any tips for the interview? I'm really nervous.

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you sent in your supplemental fee? Thanks!

When did you submit your application?

Found out I was accepted yesterday! The letter was also dated 10/13, but I interviewed 10/11. I'm also more than happy to help with any questions regarding interview day! 

Congrats on your acceptance! I have an interview November 8 and I have some questions to ask! Was there an essay portion and about how many questions did they ask you?

Congrats on your acceptance! I have an interview November 8 and I have some questions to ask! Was there an essay portion and about how many questions did they ask you?

Hey! There is no essay portion for the interview. Honestly, I would say that there were fewer questions than I anticipated...but maybe I was so nervous about my first PA school interview that I didn't really notice. I would guess there more than 5 but less than 10 questions? No tricky ones though.

Also, my interview lasted a whopping 20-25 minutes, while the person before me took about 40 minutes (so I felt pretty shitty afterwards and thought that I didn't get in). We were told that they did not have a cutoff for each interview group, so don't feel that you're in competition with others. Talking to others before going in for my individual interview really did help calm my nerves a bit. Good luck! 

I did just call them and they said they would not give me a status update or tell me if they had all of my application materials to be reviewed, not unreasonable to think there might be a problem since it's been 4 months without a word from them. I literally asked what can you tell me and whoever was on the phone said "Nothing." I'm really disappointed that I gave them $75 for a supplemental fee just to be held up waiting with no word for months and treated like that when I ask for the smallest bit of information.

I haven't heard a peep from them since I submitted the supplemental application back in mid July. Anyone else in the same boat or should I call them to see what's going on?

I wouldn't call them. I believe they explicitly say to not to call them inquiring about your application. My interview was last week and someone from admissions mentioned that they had nearly 4000 applicants this year for their Philly location and there are only 55 spots available. Best advice is to stay patient. There are always spots opening up, especially towards the end. 

I'm literally checking the mail every 30 minutes looking for my letter. I'm so nervous.

I wouldn't call them. I believe they explicitly say to not to call them inquiring about your application. My interview was last week and someone from admissions mentioned that they had nearly 4000 applicants this year for their Philly location and there are only 55 spots available. Best advice is to stay patient. There are always spots opening up, especially towards the end. 

I'm literally checking the mail every 30 minutes looking for my letter. I'm so nervous.

Hey, when you interviewed did they tell you it would be 4-6 weeks before a response?  I interviewed 2 weeks ago and that's what we were told (though I see some received responses earlier than that).

Guest GoyaHoya69

I will be giving up my seat here at PCOM for another program. Hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck, PCOM seems like a really good program.

Guest GoyaHoya69

Best of luck to you Goya. If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview and how many days did it take to receive your letter?

I interviewed on 10/7 and received my acceptance letter on 10/15 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it seems like a lot of people are getting their letters sent out on a Thursday and receiving them on a Saturday. I don't know for sure if that's the case but there seems to be a pattern. But I do know a student who attended PCOM years ago who got his letter 4 weeks after interviewing. So there's still hope if you don't get the letter within 2 weeks.

Archived