2016 - 2017 Application Cycle.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I'm interviewing March 24th! I'm very excited. Would you be able to shed some light on the actual interview day and what to expect? I know there are group and individual interviews and a tour. Any advice in regards to the interview? It sounds like this program is very tight knit, intense, and supportive, which I think is great!

Hi PAmarathoner:

It is hard to predict what to expect on interviews since there are several staff members conducting them. My only advice is to relax and be yourself. The interview process isn't to trick anyone, as other schools do. It is simply to get to know you. They want to know if you are a good fit for our program. Be honest, and try not to stress too much. I know it is hard to do, as I was right there where you are now. When I went through the interview I had a million thoughts of what could go wrong type scenarios running through my head. Surprisingly enough in my experience, it was really laid back. Just know your basics about the school, the core values, and make sure they are in parallel with yours. Everything else will fall into place. I hope I didn't give you a genetic answer, it is not my intention. It is hard to give advice in this area because there are a lot of factors at play, and there isn't a set algorithm to my knowledge to select candidates. If there is one I probably wouldn't be told because I'm not a part of the interviewing team. I hope I helped. Good luck, and keep us in the loop.

Leo 

sounds like odds are not in favor especially for us peeps coming outside of Ohio. I'm telepathically sending UT good vibes to open up April dates for us. :) but i know they wont so i'll just go to the corner and cry myself to sleep.

Hello Doppio_Expresso:

I wouldn't say that just yet. I came from a different state. NC, and was accepted. The fight is over when you receive a letter from the program. In the mean time, you did all you could on your part. Wait and get ready anything that comes. 

Leo 

Hi PAmarathoner:

It is hard to predict what to expect on interviews since there are several staff members conducting them. My only advice is to relax and be yourself. The interview process isn't to trick anyone, as other schools do. It is simply to get to know you. They want to know if you are a good fit for our program. Be honest, and try not to stress too much. I know it is hard to do, as I was right there where you are now. When I went through the interview I had a million thoughts of what could go wrong type scenarios running through my head. Surprisingly enough in my experience, it was really laid back. Just know your basics about the school, the core values, and make sure they are in parallel with yours. Everything else will fall into place. I hope I didn't give you a genetic answer, it is not my intention. It is hard to give advice in this area because there are a lot of factors at play, and there isn't a set algorithm to my knowledge to select candidates. If there is one I probably wouldn't be told because I'm not a part of the interviewing team. I hope I helped. Good luck, and keep us in the loop.

Leo

Leo, do you know anything on interview invites? Are you able to shed some light on this?

Leo, do you know anything on interview invites? Are you able to shed some light on this?

I wish I did, but they don't tell us much. We just know when interviews are, and not much more.

Keep your heads up regardless of the outcome. It isn't over until you have a rejection letter, and even if you get one reapply again. Don't forget there are a limited amount of seats. For what I've heard, interviews have shown a great pool of candidates. That means all of those that interviewed already did a great job. Keep your heads up. It is a waiting game now.

Leo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I did, but they don't tell us much. We just know when interviews are, and not much more.

Keep your heads up regardless of the outcome. It isn't over until you have a rejection letter, and even if you get one reapply again. Don't forget there are a limited amount of seats. For what I've heard, interviews have shown a great pool of candidates. That means all of those that interviewed already did a great job. Keep your heads up. It is a waiting game now.

Leo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, what are the odds any of us would even get a last minute interview invite? 

At this point, I think our chance of not getting invited is exponentially increasing as we approach March 31st. It's good to be hopeful, but even better to be realistic.

This was my second year applying to PA programs and I got in, not to Toledo but another program! So don't let this discourage you. Just keep improving your resume as much as you can and make sure to apply to schools you think will be a back up. If this is something you really want, don't lose hope. Programs will appreciate you not giving up.

Hi PAmarathoner:

Leo 

Thank you so much for your advice! I've had several interviews at other schools and oddly enough this is the first one to offer an individual interview! 

I appreciate your answer and insight! Take care! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I just received an e-mail that they have completed their interviews for the Fall 2017 entering class. 

They said over the next few weeks they will make the decision on who will be offered seats. When they make their decisions, the candidate will be notified via a phone call if they have been selected for the program.

No phone call means you're placed on the wait list. If someone declines over the phone, they will contact the next person on the wait list.

They will notify those not offered a seat in the program after all the seats are offered and confirmed. 

There is a survey attached to this e-mail that I filled out as well. 

Good luck everybody! 

Archived