2016 - 2017 Application Cycle.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone they've already weeded out because of prerequisites didn't get this email. My friend got weeded out two months ago because they didn't take her anatomy and she didn't get this email. I believe if you already submitted your syllabi and class descriptions and you got this email, you are probably still in the running! :)

Hi all,

I got the same email as others. Good luck everyone.

In my caspa application, while entering my current stats, I was not completely done and I accidentally hit submit. Sadly I cannot edit or add to my submitted experiences. what is your advice on this?

Hi all,

I got the same email as others. Good luck everyone.

In my caspa application, while entering my current stats, I was not completely done and I accidentally hit submit. Sadly I cannot edit or add to my submitted experiences. what is your advice on this?

You are not the only one who made a mistake. You have a two option. If you think you forgot to enter lots of information than add the same information by submitting as a new experience or you can email the schools you have applied to about your experience. Personally, I choose a later option as I forgot to enter the supervisor contact information. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone!

I'm a first year PA student currently at UT and I thought I would shed some light on the process, I was checking these forums everyday last year so I understand what some of you are going through. Currently they are reviewing applications ( I asked) and if it's anything like last year, they will have multiple interview cycles. This is how it worked:

Late December, a few people were contacted for an early interview

January- A large group was selected to interview and were given a date range to choose from

February- Another group was selected, same process as above

March- A third group was selected and interviewed, same as above

Mid April-early May- Phone calls were made and people started staggering in until the class was full

Don't let the group that you're interviewed for bother you, as my peers were in all of the interview groups. Personally, I was part of the February group. They just keep cycling through until they meet the people they want to round out the class.

Tips: you can't do anything right now, so take a deep breath and relax. The interview is pretty fast and simple. Don't overthink it too much and BE YOURSELF! Finally, don't bug Ms. Hoskins (the administrative assistant) too much. If she needs you, she will contact you. 

Enjoy the process and good luck to everyone! Our class of first years is amazing and we are one huge family, so trust that they will make the right choices and put together a great class of 2019! Good luck! 

Hi everyone!

I'm a first year PA student currently at UT and I thought I would shed some light on the process, I was checking these forums everyday last year so I understand what some of you are going through. Currently they are reviewing applications ( I asked) and if it's anything like last year, they will have multiple interview cycles. This is how it worked:

Late December, a few people were contacted for an early interview

January- A large group was selected to interview and were given a date range to choose from

February- Another group was selected, same process as above

March- A third group was selected and interviewed, same as above

Mid April-early May- Phone calls were made and people started staggering in until the class was full

Don't let the group that you're interviewed for bother you, as my peers were in all of the interview groups. Personally, I was part of the February group. They just keep cycling through until they meet the people they want to round out the class.

Tips: you can't do anything right now, so take a deep breath and relax. The interview is pretty fast and simple. Don't overthink it too much and BE YOURSELF! Finally, don't bug Ms. Hoskins (the administrative assistant) too much. If she needs you, she will contact you.

Enjoy the process and good luck to everyone! Our class of first years is amazing and we are one huge family, so trust that they will make the right choices and put together a great class of 2019! Good luck!

Thank you for detailed insight!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I am so grateful to say that I also got the golden email on 12/26!! This is three years in the making guys! ????

This is my third time applying to UT, and have been unsuccessful to receive anything but rejections until now. I am so beyond happy, thank you God.

So, now that I've gotten that out of my system....

Ok, two questions...

Does anyone know if it means anything that I got an invite so early in the process? Am I too hopeful to think it means anything?

And also, does anyone know when we need to verify our volunteer/ shadowing hours? Before or after the interview?

Good luck everyone! Nothing beats the feeling of seeing that email sitting in your inbox!

Archived