2016-2017 application cycle

Stay positive! Plenty of people turn down interviews, as well as may not perform well during them. They also added another round through March last year. As of now those may be the scheduled dates but that doesnt mean they wont add another, or that you still wont be contacted for the February dates. I havent been called either but Im not counting myself out yet. 

Thanks Teeroks! Lets hope for the best!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! Please don't freak out about not having heard back yet. Interviews are definitely happening and we were just informed of the Interview/pizza party dates ourselves since you'll be meeting most/all of us first years during them. I won't say the exact dates in case they end up switching things around etc but there is 1 scheduled for late January and 2 for early-mid February. Last year if I recall they also ended up adding a 4th date because of how many apps they'd received/CASPA glitches so that may or may not happen again this year.  

You just have to hold on a little longer till you hear back :) I know this is easier said than done, but try to enjoy your holiday and get CASPA/interviews out of your head.

Hello, do you have any insight on the interview process? I got an interview invite for 2/11 and I would like to be as prepared as possible. Any thing would be appreciated. 

Hello, do you have any insight on the interview process? I got an interview invite for 2/11 and I would like to be as prepared as possible. Any thing would be appreciated. 

Hey there SA12! The interview typically lasts all day from 8-5. It's a long but very fun day! You have a faculty interview, a group activity, an essay, a tour, a student panel interview, a campus tour and an informal meeting with the program director. There is a pizza night the previous day where there are no faculty and its a low pressure event just to ask us students any questions you might have and to put yourself at ease. They also provide breakfast the day of the interview and lunch so you shouldn't have to worry about finding food around the area if you aren't local or familiar with the area.

I can assure you that you will leave at the end of the interview day having fallen in love with the program. They really do an excellent job of showing you how much they value their students and the program itself is so strong. SMU was always my top choice program and the interview experience just reiterated this to me. I hope you all feel the same when you interview :) And remember, BE YOURSELF! That is really the #1 thing I can say. You will come off better and more natural if you don't pretend to be someone you aren't. 

I hope this helps you feel more prepared and relaxed in terms of knowing what to expect.

Good luck everyone! Back to my Pharm hole I go...

Hey there SA12! The interview typically lasts all day from 8-5. It's a long but very fun day! You have a faculty interview, a group activity, an essay, a tour, a student panel interview, a campus tour and an informal meeting with the program director. There is a pizza night the previous day where there are no faculty and its a low pressure event just to ask us students any questions you might have and to put yourself at ease. They also provide breakfast the day of the interview and lunch so you shouldn't have to worry about finding food around the area if you aren't local or familiar with the area.

I can assure you that you will leave at the end of the interview day having fallen in love with the program. They really do an excellent job of showing you how much they value their students and the program itself is so strong. SMU was always my top choice program and the interview experience just reiterated this to me. I hope you all feel the same when you interview :) And remember, BE YOURSELF! That is really the #1 thing I can say. You will come off better and more natural if you don't pretend to be someone you aren't. 

I hope this helps you feel more prepared and relaxed in terms of knowing what to expect.

Good luck everyone! Back to my Pharm hole I go...

THANK YOU!!!!!! Thank you SO much for taking the time and reassuring me. I am beyond nervous but I will be my awkward self  and hopefully do well :) I have no doubt I want to attend SMU and now I'm more excited than nervous for the interview. 

I'll be seeing you next Friday evening (even though I don't know who you are :) ) 

Hi all,

I just received my acceptance call and am beyond excited to attend! I interviewed on January 28th. So excited to meet the rest of my cohort!

-Meghan

Hi Meghan & Kepler65-

Congrats to you both! I was accepted too!

Meghan, I think we were in the same interview group, yes? Wonder who else from our group was accepted.

Look forward to meeting you both!

Best,

Susie

Hi Meghan & Kepler65-

Congrats to you both! I was accepted too!

Meghan, I think we were in the same interview group, yes? Wonder who else from our group was accepted.

Look forward to meeting you both!

Best,

Susie

Hi Susie,

Yes, I believe so. The green group, right? Congrats on the acceptance! I'm sure you are feeling very relieved right now. I certainly feel at peace. I'm so glad that we will be classmates! I'm hoping that we will receive a link for the Facebook page soon so that we can start getting to know one another. I'm hoping we will be a really tight-knit group. 

Best,

Meghan

Congratulations to all that have been accepted! I have my interview on 2/11, and was wondering if the other interviews had a meet and greet with the current students the night before, and if so when they notified you? Im very much looking forward to the interview from what others have said. Thanks in advance for any information!

Congratulations to all that have been accepted! I have my interview on 2/11, and was wondering if the other interviews had a meet and greet with the current students the night before, and if so when they notified you? Im very much looking forward to the interview from what others have said. Thanks in advance for any information!

Hi!

Congrats on your interview invite!

There was a pizza social the night before our interview day(1/28) and, I believe, we got the email invite a week or so in advance, but that might be because we were the first date.  If there is a pizza social, which I assume there will be, definitely go. It was a really great way to meet some current students, hear more about the program and get a feel for the place. 

Either way, you'll get to do all that on Saturday anyway.  Best of luck!

Hi!

Congrats on your interview invite!

There was a pizza social the night before our interview day(1/28) and, I believe, we got the email invite a week or so in advance, but that might be because we were the first date.  If there is a pizza social, which I assume there will be, definitely go. It was a really great way to meet some current students, hear more about the program and get a feel for the place. 

Either way, you'll get to do all that on Saturday anyway.  Best of luck!

Thanks Sspers,

I still have not received any notification of one so I guess I will see. Im flying in early tomorrow just in case. Has anyone else thats going to the interview on Saturday heard anything?

Archived