• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dell-rysk: Great job on the acceptance! When did you interview?

Thanks, Doppio_Espresso! I interviewed on 1/27. There was talk about students hearing as soon as Monday but I wasn't expecting it. 

Is anyone else still waiting for a rejection letter? Im still waiting for that letter.  Are there still interviews happening?

1/27 was the last interview day; at least that is what we were told during the Meet & Greet.  

Wishing everyone else who's waiting on responses the best!!

@dell_rysk: Great job! By any chance, do you know how many acceptances have been sent? You probably don't, but I thought I would ask anyway. haha.

Also, has anyone been waitlisted yet?

I don't know how many acceptances were sent but I do know that as of the night of the Meet & Greet (1/26) they sat 14 seats, so 12 were available at the time of our interviews. But that's subject to change because of people giving up spots for other schools and it's still early in the admissions season. So for anyone still waiting to hear don't fret just yet! :)

Thanks for sharing the information! I was not aware of those numbers. I would also not be surprised if more acceptances have been sent last Monday. Again, congrats on the acceptance. It must be liberating. :) #drewdidthat #stillpatientlywaiting

You're welcome. I'm happy to pass on whatever information I know. Thank you, it does feel like a weight has been lifted but the fun is not over yet. I, too, am waiting on a response from another school and have an upcoming interview at WesternU. The waiting is just brutal but you came this far and I'm sure you will have great news awaiting you. :)

You're welcome. I'm happy to pass on whatever information I know. Thank you, it does feel like a weight has been lifted but the fun is not over yet. I, too, am waiting on a response from another school and have an upcoming interview at WesternU. The waiting is just brutal but you came this far and I'm sure you will have great news awaiting you. :)

@dell_rysk did you receive a letter, email, or phone call? I was really optimistic after my interview 1/27 and was hoping there is a letter on the way since I live so far!

I got an offer at another school, they are accreditated but I've heard a lot of negative feedback from alumni, particularly about clinical placement and not having enough sites and also "running off" the best professors. I can't imagine going to a program like that now that I've seen CDU! Is anyone else finding out negative things like that about schools they've applied to? I was so impressed with CDU that the other schools just aren't measuring up now...

Hello there,

Just confirming that 1/27 was the last interview. I have not received any information whatsoever. I received an email many months ago regarding the medical term course. I emailed back to inform them I had indeed taken it (a 4 quarter unit course). No response. I called the office a few weeks after, and Natalie confirmed that it was a 4 unit course and to email her. I emailed her that day with proof of my medical term course. No response. A few weeks after that, I sent a follow up email, with no response. Finally discovering on this forum that this school requires a 4 SEMESTER (NOT QUARTER) unit course. I quickly signed up for a 5 unit semester course at my cc and sent Natalie an email. She responded and confirmed it is indeed a semester, not a quarter unit. I sent my documentation and updated my CASPA to reflect this change. No email to confirm whether my application is under review. I am wondering if I should unenroll in my medical teminology course as it appears there is not really any chance for interviews...

@dell_rysk did you receive a letter, email, or phone call? I was really optimistic after my interview 1/27 and was hoping there is a letter on the way since I live so far!

I got an offer at another school, they are accreditated but I've heard a lot of negative feedback from alumni, particularly about clinical placement and not having enough sites and also "running off" the best professors. I can't imagine going to a program like that now that I've seen CDU! Is anyone else finding out negative things like that about schools they've applied to? I was so impressed with CDU that the other schools just aren't measuring up now...

I received an email. Stay optimistic! Like I said before, it's still fairly early in acceptance season and students are bound to give up their spots at various schools and open opportunities for others so you never know. Wishing you the best! :)

@centaurgirl: I would suggest continuing on with the course if you're still able to. It will definitely benefit you, despite not interviewing with CDU this cycle. I've seen programs that list Medical Terminology as "Recommended Courses" so it would reflect positively on your part to have it on your transcript. 

Hello all! Has anyone received a letter of rejection or anything from CDU. I am one of the applicants that the application is still under reviewed and have not yet receive any rejection. Since some one said the last interview was held 1/27, how come there is no letter of rejection for those who did not have an interview also did not receive letters! Anyone like me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not received a rejection email or letter either. I applied in October and was asked to provide proof of 3 credit Medical Terminology and I did. My application has been under review since. I thought they would send all rejection emails after the last interview session was finished. If 1/27 was the last interview session, it doesn't look like CDU sent out all their rejections. I check my junk/spam folder regularly, so I don't believe I've missed it. I will email them tomorrow and let you know what they say. 

I have not received a rejection email or letter either. I applied in October and was asked to provide proof of 3 credit Medical Terminology and I did. My application has been under review since. I thought they would send all rejection emails after the last interview session was finished. If 1/27 was the last interview session, it doesn't look like CDU sent out all their rejections. I check my junk/spam folder regularly, so I don't believe I've missed it. I will email them tomorrow and let you know what they say.

Thank you.

Hello all! Has anyone received a letter of rejection or anything from CDU. I am one of the applicants that the application is still under reviewed and have not yet receive any rejection. Since some one said the last interview was held 1/27, how come there is no letter of rejection for those who did not have an interview also did not receive letters! Anyone like me?

I applied and haven't heard one word from them.

Here is what CDU sent me today after I asked for an application update.

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your interest in and application to the Physician Assistant program at Charles R. Drew University.  Our application cycle for the class entering in Fall 2017 closed in January 2017 and we have concluded interviews. 

If you wish to reapply to the CDU PA Program, you will need to resubmit all application materials through CASPA (https://caspa.liaisoncas.com).  The next CASPA admissions cycle will open in April, 2017.

Thank you again for considering the CDU PA Program!

Sincerely,

Katayoun Moini MHS, PA-C, RD, CNSC
Director & Assistant Professor
Physician Assistant Program

55]

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your interest in and application to the Physician Assistant program at Charles R. Drew University. Our application cycle for the class entering in Fall 2017 closed in January 2017 and we have concluded interviews.

If you wish to reapply to the CDU PA Program, you will need to resubmit all application materials through CASPA (https://caspa.liaisoncas.com). The next CASPA admissions cycle will open in April, 2017.

Sincerely,

Thank you for the update!

55]

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your interest in and application to the Physician Assistant program at Charles R. Drew University. Our application cycle for the class entering in Fall 2017 closed in January 2017 and we have concluded interviews.

If you wish to reapply to the CDU PA Program, you will need to resubmit all application materials through CASPA (https://caspa.liaisoncas.com). The next CASPA admissions cycle will open in April, 2017.

Sincerely,

Wow, can't believe there is no even an email for not accepting.

Thank you for the update. Wish you the best!

Going into the third week of waiting for us 1/27 interviewees. I find it a bit strange that the school has not sent out any waitlist at this point yet. It makes me wonder if they are doing things a bit differently this year.

Let this week be the week of notifications! Crossing my fingers. XX

Has anyone tried contacting them for any updates yet? I'm somewhat scared to call/e-mail for odd reasons. lol.

Archived