• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend and I submitted our CASPA application on October 10th and then it was verified on the 13th. She has not heard back from Charles Drew yet. I received an interview invitation on Thanksgiving, November 24th for an interview date on December 9th. I feel like they already filled their interview dates for the rest of this cycle (only December and January remain). They invited me on Thanksgiving day which is odd because 1. it is a holiday 2. It is short notice, which leads me to believe that someone from the December 9th date canceled their interview and I was next on the "interview waitlist" to get an invitation.

Congrats to you! I would've jumped at the chance to interview despite the short notice. I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed for a January spot. Many schools only give a month notice. I got an interview on Friday 12/2 for a January spot at another school. Please update after your interview as I'm sure they'll let you know where they're at in the admission process. Good luck and kick ass in the interview. You got this!

One of the hurdles the old program had to deal w was the closing if MLK Hospital across the street which was one of the major rotation sites. This along with the need to transition to a masters program and admin changes lead to its close. Well the hospital is back up and running and is gorgeous!! The program is working to set up site contracts w them, but in the meantime they have contracts with dozens of healthcare facilities and multiple hospitals. Their list is quite impressive. Please keep in mind that this isnt a reopened or revamped program. This is an entirely new program. New faculty, new administration, new everything. It was completed from the ground up my Director Moini and is fantastic. The fact that they had a program in the past gave them insight but its a completely new program with a great direction towards underserved populations, social justice and is included their program mission. Best of luck to those interviewing this week!!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

I was accepted into Charles Drew PA Program on 12/12/2016. 

I interviewed on 12/09/2016

I want to wish everyone luck. 

I just really showed the program who I am and I think some of us lose sight of that due to nerves of interview day. I used to hate hearing this advice; however, it is true. Therefore, no matter where you apply everyone, be yourself. 

"The greatest gift you can give is time, it is something you can never get back."

I truly pray for everyone to do well. Never give up and keep pushing until you make this dream into a reality. 

Those who got accepted can you share your Sgpa stats? thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! I have a cumulative gpa of 3.6 and a science gpa of 3.2

I am a NY state certified EMT and have 550 hours of health care experience along with 250 hours of volunteer experience. 

I engaged in research a lot as a Psychology major and am in the process of becoming a published author. 

I participated in the SMDEP Program, NERA Medprep Program, member of APHOS, member of CSTEP, member of PHI D E, Counselor/tutor, and have held three jobs throughout college.

I hope this helps.

For those of you that got accepted this month and paid the deposit, have you gotten more information back yet? Like the Facebook invite, background check site and the likes? I paid mine on Friday and haven't heard anything yet

Keep in mind that its Christmas break. Not sure they are in the office. We (the students) are on break until second week of January. Once they receive your deposit though, they'll send you the information. Just be patient.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and congrats to everyone who has been accepted, received an email for the January 27 interview. Super excited. If anyone else has an interview that day please feel free to message me if you would like to possibly link up before the interview.

Hello, when did you receive the email for an interview. I have been waiting for a reply whether gain an interview or reject since June 2016.

Archived