I'm also debating on applying here. One thing holding me back is that they take principles of medicine III after clinicals which seems odd to me. Does anyone have any info on this? I think it looks like a good program though and I like that they offer medical nutrition therapy

The clinical medicine III is part of the extra semester they offer after clinical year in order to prepare you for the PANCE and clinical practice. That's one of the things I love about their program is the fact that they offer the extra semester to prepare you for your boards and transitioning into the real world. Another perk is the nutrition certification (CNSC) you get and the course on diabetic nutrition therapy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The clinical medicine III is part of the extra semester they offer after clinical year in order to prepare you for the PANCE and clinical practice. That's one of the things I love about their program is the fact that they offer the extra semester to prepare you for your boards and transitioning into the real world. Another perk is the nutrition certification (CNSC) you get and the course on diabetic nutrition therapy.

That sounds awesome then! Do clinical medicine I and II cover all the systems then? and clinical medicine III is a review? And I really love that they offer those courses in nutrition, I have a few friends who are dietitians and talking to them has really made me realize how much nutrition integrates into treatment of patients. 

That sounds awesome then! Do clinical medicine I and II cover all the systems then? and clinical medicine III is a review? And I really love that they offer those courses in nutrition, I have a few friends who are dietitians and talking to them has really made me realize how much nutrition integrates into treatment of patients.

We haven't received our syllabus yet so I'm not sure exactly what the curriculum consists of. I would suggest contacting the program with any questions you may have and if you are able, attend one of the information sessions. Best of luck !!!

We haven't received our syllabus yet so I'm not sure exactly what the curriculum consists of. I would suggest contacting the program with any questions you may have and if you are able, attend one of the information sessions. Best of luck !!!

If I am lucky enough to get an interview I plan on asking there. Thank you for your help :)

After researching, I just applied to the program ( Hope I'm not too late in the game).  I talked to this school's MPH program a few years ago at a pre-health conference =) 
Also, I noticed only 26 applicants were accepted last cycle. Is CDU planning on expanding this number this year?

Don't know if anyone knew this or not but I got to talk to admissions and they said that they have one interview day a month from oct-jan. (4 interview days total) they will invite about 30 applicants on each of those days and start filling their 26 seats on a rolling admission. I didn't know this was the process. I hope this helps those that may have been curious.

Did anyone else get an email regarding a 3 credit Medical Terminology course? The university I attended only does 1 credit for Medical Terminology, I emailed them back regarding the matter but I have not received a reply yet.

Can't speak for the school, but from the previous class, we had to find a course that was 3 credits in order to fulfill the requirement. Many were in the same boat as you, but had to find another class to take at another school.

It is one of those courses that I am taking this fall as a class in progress. Drew is the only program I applied to that has medical terminology as a prereq. But they are my first choice so I'll do what I gotta do, and I'm sure the class will be very enriching.

Also, I can't be 100% sure but I was told about 2000 applications are submitted as of last Friday. I'm assuming that most if not all have 3 units for that class. that means there are 2000+ applications for 26 seats. If you don't meet the requirements, I don't think you have a chance. Just my opinion. There are many community colleges that offer it. That's what I'm doing because my university does not have it :(

Can't speak for the school, but from the previous class, we had to find a course that was 3 credits in order to fulfill the requirement. Many were in the same boat as you, but had to find another class to take at another school.

It is one of those courses that I am taking this fall as a class in progress. Drew is the only program I applied to that has medical terminology as a prereq. But they are my first choice so I'll do what I gotta do, and I'm sure the class will be very enriching.

Also, I can't be 100% sure but I was told about 2000 applications are submitted as of last Friday. I'm assuming that most if not all have 3 units for that class. that means there are 2000+ applications for 26 seats. If you don't meet the requirements, I don't think you have a chance. Just my opinion. There are many community colleges that offer it. That's what I'm doing because my university does not have it :(

Ah i see, thanks for the information guys! 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Drew has been pretty quiet lately from the comments (or lack thereof) on this forum. :P

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes Drew to confirm receipt of application? I submitted my application on 8/5/16 and have not received any e-mail from Drew. Would you guys recommend to call? I know it has only been a week, but it feels like forever. LOL.

Thanks in advance! :)

Seems like Drew has been pretty quiet lately from the comments (or lack thereof) on this forum. :P

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes Drew to confirm receipt of application? I submitted my application on 8/5/16 and have not received any e-mail from Drew. Would you guys recommend to call? I know it has only been a week, but it feels like forever. LOL.

Thanks in advance! :)

I submitted my application 6/24 and received a confirmation email from Drew on 7/2 if that helps any! I haven't heard anything from them since...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived