• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there a deadline you chose to hear back for the final decision after being on the wait list?

No, I only received the initial email inviting me to be on the alternate list. It did say some info about a "late entry option" but it was a little confusing. I figured more info would be in the next email after receipt of confirmation but I haven't heard anything back from them yet..

No, I only received the initial email inviting me to be on the alternate list. It did say some info about a "late entry option" but it was a little confusing. I figured more info would be in the next email after receipt of confirmation but I haven't heard anything back from them yet..

Did you choose the late entry option when you responded in the email?

I just wanted to clarify that the $155 requirement is not a deposit to be put onto the waitlist. The $155 is to pay for castlebranch which is a outside company made to help do background and drug checks  and immunization records for PA schools. Usually after you get accepted from a PA program, they'll send you an email to fill out all the information for castlebranch and then perform the comprehensive background check. It looks like CDU is trying to make sure whoever they pull out from the waitlist is ready to start the program whenever a spot is open. So far from what I know, there is no deposit necessary to be in the waitlist. However, the downside is you do have to be enrolled in castlebranch to stay on the waitlist. 

That makes better sense. 

Has this school sent out an update to those who interviewed yet? I interviewed back in December. How difficult can it be to update 120 interviewees on their status? I know schools that conduct over 400 interviews and they're still on top of things. I can't believe how unorganized and irresponsible they are.

@K_G_L: I can understand your frustration. I also am still waiting for my final decision. What I've learned throughout this application process is that if a school really wants to admit an applicant, the school will be on top of things and have good communication with that applicant (which makes sense to me). Also, other schools are well staffed and can therefore be more up-to-date with their applicants. I feel that may not be the case for CDU. 

I do agree that they can definitely improve more on how and when they notify applicants or those who already interviewed. For example, as soon as they know they will for sure not accept someone, they should send out a notification as soon as possible. Luckily, we are almost half way through March which means only 2.5 more weeks of waiting. Crossing my fingers we all hear some news from them sooner than later. I would not be surprised if a rejection letter is on its way for me because I believe they've already sent out acceptances and waitlists.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived